Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake

Last week we tried a new recipe that I discovered through Finding Joy in my Kitchen’sFriday Favorites” list. And just a little sidenote about “Friday Favorites” – Best. Linkup. Idea. Ever. It takes all the work out of finding great recipes in blogland and puts them right in your lap (er, face).  


Anyway. Said recipe was from Saving Money Living Life for Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake. The ingredient list alone had me drooling, but then I saw the picture. For some reason, I am a sucker for food photos. If it looks yummy, I must make it. Like now.

And boy am I glad I did. If we had a “Top 5 Pasta Dishes” list, this would definitely be on it. Make this soon for the sake of everything good. Your man will love you for it, and you will be getting after-dinner smooches. Guaranteed.

Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake-- Saving Money Loving Life

  • 8 ounces rigatoni
  • 1 TBSP olive oil
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 (10 ounce) frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
  • 2 medium cubed and cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 (14 ounce) can Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese (the original recipe suggested using Chive & Onion Cream Cheese, and I bet this would be a delicious touch. I had the regular stuff, and used it instead)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
  1. Preheat your oven to 375
  2. Cook your chicken. Add onion, cook until tender. (I added the olive oil at this point to keep things from sticking). Set aside.
  3. Cook your pasta. Drain it. Set aside.
  4. Prepare your baking dish by lightly spraying it with nonstick spray (I used a lasagna pan, but this might all fit in an 8x8 dish, too).
  5. In a large bowl, stir cooked pasta, spinach, chicken, tomatoes, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and 1/2 of your shredded cheese.
  6. Pour ingredients into your baking dish. Top with remaining shredded cheese. 
  7. Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake additional 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Enjoy!




6 comments:

  1. Rachel, Thanks for bringing us this wonderful recipe. YUMMY! As soon as my kitchen gets back to normal, I'll try this one!
    Have a blessed and wonderful holy week, dear one!
    xo Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you gave this a try -- it looks wonderful. I'll have to make it with FP is gone, though, because he's not a big cream cheese fan. But, I'm all about this dish.

    Thanks for the kind words about Friday Favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw this on her website too! cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this for dinner just tonight! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made this for dinner, also. It was a big hit!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel