Anyway. Said recipe was from Saving Money Living Life for Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake. The ingredient list alone had me drooling, but then I saw the picture. For some reason, I am a sucker for food photos. If it looks yummy, I must make it. Like now.
And boy am I glad I did. If we had a “Top 5 Pasta Dishes” list, this would definitely be on it. Make this soon for the sake of everything good. Your man will love you for it, and you will be getting after-dinner smooches. Guaranteed.
Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake-- Saving Money Loving Life
- 8 ounces rigatoni
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 2 medium cubed and cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese (the original recipe suggested using Chive & Onion Cream Cheese, and I bet this would be a delicious touch. I had the regular stuff, and used it instead)
- 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Cook your chicken. Add onion, cook until tender. (I added the olive oil at this point to keep things from sticking). Set aside.
- Cook your pasta. Drain it. Set aside.
- Prepare your baking dish by lightly spraying it with nonstick spray (I used a lasagna pan, but this might all fit in an 8x8 dish, too).
- In a large bowl, stir cooked pasta, spinach, chicken, tomatoes, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and 1/2 of your shredded cheese.
- Pour ingredients into your baking dish. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake additional 15 minutes or until bubbly.