Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gratituesday: Weekend Goodness

Today I'm linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls Gratituesday. If you're grateful for something, then head on over to her blog and link up!

This week I'm especially grateful for the productive, fun and relaxing weekend that Nathan and I enjoyed.

Friday night, we were invited to join my parents for dinner, and although we live 20 minutes from them, it's been quite a while since the four of us have been able to get together. It was so nice to catch up with them, eat yummy food and enjoy good laughs.



Saturday, I got an unusual burst of energy and was able to spend the entire evening painting more trim, and doing some fun updates to some of our doors (more on that to come later this week!).  I'm grateful the house projects are moving along smoothly!

Sunday, instead of our usual Goodwill and Starbucks trip, my mom and I decided to have a little sewing lesson. You may remember a while back when I announced I swiped some wicker chairs up for a sweet deal from the thrift store . . .


Well, Sunday afternoon my mom was kind enough to give me my first sewing lessons and within three hours we were able to whip up a cute little pillow for my chairs. I'll reveal those later this week with a tutorial, so be sure and check back!

So grateful my mom took the time to teach me how to sew . . . and I'm even contemplating adding a sewing machine to our "to find at a garage sale" list this summer! :)


So thankful for weekend goodness spent with my loving family!!


3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! That is a great picture of you and Nathan. You two look so happy! And your mom looks so sweet. Excited to see your pillows, I'm not an experienced sewer so I'm jealous of those who can do it well! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to have your mom show you new tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A productive and fun weekend both! I love the pictures! Can't wait to see the pillows. You may be sewing your clothes next HA Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel