Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gratituesday + SSMT Verse 6


Today I'm linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls Gratituesday. If you're grateful for something, then head on over and link up with her today!

This week, I'm grateful that . . . 
  • Nathan was off all day Saturday and Sunday! The weekend went by super-slow, and we had the best time. We went shopping at the Goodwill, browsed through books and movies at the library, went to Lowe's and ate ice cream. :) Best. Weekend. Ever.
  • God did an amazing thing this weekend . . . 
For those that don't know, Nathan and I made it one of our 2011 Goals to start the kitchen renovation project on our home. We got estimates from Home Depot and Lowe's for cabinetry, and got a little discouraged when we realized just how much the whole thing was going to cost. 

We started saving a little each month, and kept waiting and praying that God would help us to be good stewards of His money. Just this past weekend, I saw an ad on Craigslist for brand new cherry cabinets for less than half of what we would be paying at Home Depot or Lowe's. The ad was over 1 month old, so I figured they were probably sold. I e-mailed the seller anyway, and he e-mailed back the next day -- the cabinets were still for sell and they were the exact measurements of our kitchen. 

Nathan and I drove out on Sunday afternoon to look at them, and turns out the gentleman selling them is about to retire and he and his wife just bought their "forever" home. They bought the house with the brand new cabinets, but have decided they want something different. Nathan offered them a little less, and the man was kind enough to take our offer. I'm not kidding when I tell you that we are getting these for a steal! 

The man was so kind to us, and told us that he was glad to see a young couple getting the cabinets -- he has no idea just how glad we are to be receiving them! They are waiting for their new cabinets to arrive before uninstalling ours, but we're hoping to have possession of them at the end of this month! 

The amazing thing is, after we left his house on Sunday we talked it over and called him back that night to work out some of the details and he told us on the phone that another couple had called him that afternoon and wanted to buy them . . .he told them the cabinets were sold before we had even worked out a good-faith deposit with him!  

I am eternally grateful to this man and his sweet wife, and SO thankful that God worked this whole thing out. And because I can't stand not showing you, here's a photo of our new cabinets (this is not our house, but this was his photo from Craigslist):




If Nathan had not been off this weekend, there would have been no way for us to go and see them on Sunday afternoon. And, if I had not taken the chance to e-mail the guy and ask if they were still for sale, then we would have never known! I'm convinced God had His hand in every. little. detail. Love when He does that!!!

***

Today's the day us Siesta Sisters pick our 6th verse for SSMT (Siesta Scripture Memory Team). I am so encouraged that so many of you are joining in and memorizing verses! Be sure and link your verses up over on Beth's blog today . . .

This week, I've been meditating a lot on God's purposes and plan for my life. I'm so amazed that His hand is so involved in the every day aspects of my life (like cabinets, and work, and who I bump into at the grocery store) as well as the big (marriage, careers, family matters, etc.).  I read this verse a while back in Psalm, and I've chosen to memorize it this week to help me focus on just how mindful our God is of us.
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." -- Psalm 139: 13-14 (NIV)

7 comments:

  1. Wow! So happy for you guys! They look gorgeous and so happy that you got them for such a great deal. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, friend. I am in awe.

    And -- that verse; perfect! I have been meditating on that myself lately. In fact, its the verse atop my non-majors bio syllabus this semester too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cabinets, your kitchen is going to look beautiful, and what a sweet man! I'm looking forward to the after pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Rachel! What an incredible blessing! I am so excited for you. Your new cabinets are really beautiful. :)
    Have a great week.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am constantly amazed at how God works things out for our good! They are beautiful cabinets - can't wait to see them all in.

    Posted my verse this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That amazing! I love the color! Can't wait to see it in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cabinets! What a blessing, too!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel