Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gratituesday + SSMT Verse 5



Today I'm linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls Gratituesday. If you're grateful for something, then head on over to her blog and link up!


This week, I'm grateful that:

  • On Friday, we got about 8-10 inches of thick, wet snow. This type of snow is my favorite, and makes for some beautiful pictures! After work on Friday, Nathan and I were able to go out and snag some shots right before sunset:





  • Sunday into Monday it was in the 40's and 50's, so this beautiful thick snow is now gone, and spring is slowly but surely creeping its way to Upstate NY! 
  • Nathan and I are starting to piece together our big anniversary trip. Although it's still several months away, trip planning has definitely helped make the winter seem more bearable. :)
  • My mom and I are re-reading Beth Moore's So Long, Insecurity book. This time, we're reading it together and we're going to talk about on our Sunday "dates" at Starbucks. It has been so nice to start a Bible study with my sweet mom!
***

And speaking of Beth Moore, today's the day that us Sietas pick out our 5th verse for Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT)! I can't believe we're already 5 verses in! If you're participating, don't forget to link up today on Beth's Blog.

The verse I chose this week is one I found a while back, and made a mental note to go back to.  I love the Psalms, and this verse is one I want to start praying each day.  

 Search me, O God, and know my heart; 
   test me and know my anxious thoughts. 
See if there is any offensive way in me, 
   and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24 (NIV)





6 comments:

  1. Ok, so I am now jealous... Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so beautiful!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your verse! When I saw it this morning I was able to recite it from memory since I think it was my 2nd one! I don't know if I'm going to get a new one picked this round:( I never got the other one memorized after being sick last week:( Maybe I'll throw in an extra one this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TheUltimate--I can't take credit for those--that's all Nathan! :) I think he's rather good too, but I may be biased. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures - especially the ones that looked sortof blueish. I don't envy the snow though!

    Got to pick my verse before I go to bed. I don't want to get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snow -- although I'm glad it's you and not us :) We had our fair share last week.

    I'm excited for your study with your mom. That will be a precious time for both of you, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel