Monday, February 21, 2011

Marital Monday + Week of Feb. 21 Menu Plan



I'm not sure why, but this particular Monday I'm feeling especially overwhelmed with love. Maybe it's the hormones, but I just feel like sharing my heart with you a bit today. This weekend I did some reflecting on mine and Nathan's journey and how God brought us to each other, and I am just so full. So amazed. So in awe of the power of our creative, beautiful God.


I don't think I'll ever be able to fully wrap my mind around the fact that He cares so much for us that He not only provides for our most basic needs, but that He also provides for our emotional and physical needs by giving us companionship in marriage. Nathan is by far my #1 companion. I am completely happy doing absolutely anything with him -- whether it's hiking or biking or shopping or movie watching, or laying in bed at 12 am and talking (which we do quite often - these are some of my most favorite times). 


Pardon me while I do a quick shout out to my man and my God. Thank you, Nathan for being the man you are. You work so hard to provide for me. You respect my opinions, you listen to me, you show me the affection I so deeply crave as a woman . . . you are a wonderful man and you still make my heart flip after all this time. Basically, what I'm saying is, I'm still crazy about you! Thank you for loving me in return. 


Dear Lord -- I thank you for my husband today.  Thank you for the man You created him to be. Thank you so much for crossing our paths and for intertwining our lives together. Only You could have done such a thing. Thank you for the beautiful life You've given us together.  And most of all, thank you that marriage is a true picture of what a love relationship with You looks like -- it is unconditional, patient, loving and forgiving. Thank you for allowing me the chance to pause this weekend and reflect on this truth. 






I just realized our menu plan for this week is quite eclectic -- we've got everything from comfort food to Italian to Mexican and then Chinese . . . my tummy can hardly wait! :)


Monday: Crock Pot Lemon Herby Chicken w/ Brown Rice and Veggies 


Tuesday: On Your Own -- I'll be out to dinner celebrating a friends birthday, which leaves Nathan fully in charge of dinner! :)


Wednesday: 3-Cheese Baked Ziti w/ Salads


Thursday: Beef Taco's w/ Rotel Dip (at Nathan's request)


Friday: Leftovers


Saturday: Thai Honey Peanut Chicken w/ Broccoli and Rice


Sunday: Island Chicken w/ Veggies


If you need more menu plan ideas, don't forget to head over I'm an Organizing Junkie -- lots of great menu plans are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday!!


Have a blessed Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and heartfelt post. I love hearing about how God is working in other people's lives and stirring their hearts. I love this post! God truly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious week, Rachel!

    I love that you shared your heart today and am thankful for what God is teaching you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and miss you so much! Love reading about how God keeps blessing you and Nathan :).

    By the way, I made the 3 cheese baked ziti last night, it is delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wondeful post. It is always exciting to read and hear about what wonderful things God is doing in friends' lives. I am so happy that you and Nathan found one another.
    And your menu for this week has made me so hungry! ha! The baked ziti sounds especially good!
    Have a great week!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post - thanks for sharing - Nathan is so blessed to have you for a wife! We are so happy God led you together.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel