Monday, February 14, 2011

Marital Monday + Week of Feb. 14 Menu Plan



Since Valentine's fell on a Monday this year, Nathan and I decided that we would celebrate the Friday and Saturday before . . . we love stretching holidays out into two days!


Friday night, we got all dolled up in our jeans and ventured to the mall, where Nathan treated me to a $.99 swirl cone from the food court. (Side note: Is it just me, or is ice cream so much better during the winter?!?)  Then, we talked about what to get each other for Valentine's Day.  We found a going-out-of-business sale at FYE, so we picked our gifts out there -- I bought Nathan some headphones for 80%-off and then he bought me the new Amos Lee CD.  We're big spenders, I tell ya'. 


Saturday night, we debated on going ice skating, but it was about 15 degrees and the rink was outside (nothankyou).  We also threw out the idea of going bowling when the gentleman on the phone said it would be 9:30 before they had any open lanes.  Maybe we're getting old, but Nathan and I both agreed 9:30 was way too late to go bowling. ;)  So, we celebrated Valentine's Day #2 in our pajamas watching a movie at home.  


This might seem boring to some people, but this was actually the best Valentine's Day/Weekend.  Ever.  It was so fun lounging with my best friend this weekend, taking it easy, and not getting all in a tizzy about how much money I was going to spend on a fancy gift for him, or whether or not he would like it.  Sometimes simpler is much, much better.


In lieu of waiting many hours tonight for a table at a restaurant, we've decided to stay in and cook a romantic dinner.  I can't wait to come home tonight and make some yummy food together!  We're also thinking of turning our living room into a temporary dance floor, and cutting a rug to my new CD. 


Happy Valentine's Day to my best friend!  Our love is simple, pure and so much fun.  I love doing life with you!



***


Lately I've been flipping through my newest issue of Taste of Home and have seen a lot of yummy recipes!  This week, I'm trying a few of those out, and we're doing some easy dinners as well.  Here's hoping everything goes smoothly!


Monday: Valentine's Dinner @ Home -- I'm cooking sirloin steaks with potatoes and carrots and serving a green salad.  Chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert, too! :)


Tuesday: Chili Cheese Hot Dogs with Steamed Broccoli on the side


Wednesday: Saucy Garlic Chicken over Whole Wheat Penne {new}


Thursday: Leftovers 


Friday: Chicken Fajita Chowder {new}


Saturday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches w/ Fruit Smoothies

If you need more menu plan ideas, don't forget to head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie -- tons of great menu plans are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday!


Have a blessed Monday!



4 comments:

  1. I just love the Taste of Home mags! My mom gets them and I can't look at them without getting terribly hungry! Your Valentine weekend sounds perfect!
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day - how sweet! Sounds like a yummy meal. I made chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert too. They were $2 each at Kroger today! Way cheaper to make yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day! We just had dinner at home too! So much easier and cheaper than going out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day!! I'm glad to hear you celebrated all weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel