Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gratituesday


Today I'm linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls Gratituesday.  If you're grateful for something, then head on over and link up with us!


This week I'm grateful that . . . 

  • We've had beautiful sunny skies here the past two days! This may not seem like much, but Upstate NY can be quite gray in  the winter time, so we're thrilled to see the sun once again.
  • I got to have a "date night" with  my Dad last week. It was so much fun! We went to a new Mexican restaurant and enjoyed some time to catch up.
  • Friday night, we saw the biggest brightest moon I've seen in a while -- it was so beautiful.  And then, Sunday afternoon, we had a fresh snow on the ground and Nathan and I saw 3-4 deer in our backyard. I just love how creative our God is!
  • Project "Paint all the trim in the house white" is fully underway! I'm grateful it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It has actually turned out to be quite the relaxing project, and I'm enjoying just take my time, room by room. (I'll have a picture update on it later this week!)
  • And last but not least, I'm grateful for the small little ways that God moves and speaks. Just last week, Nathan found a great deal on diapers and wipes at his work so he swiped up a bunch and brought them home. Of course, we don't have children so I was wondering what in the world we would do with diapers and wipes! He explained that they were a really good deal, and that we could keep them until we knew someone who needed them. Don't you know that just this past Sunday at church there was a request in the bulletin for diapers and wipes for needy moms!!! I was so excited. I pointed it out to Nathan, and he said "I knew there must have been a reason I had it on my heart to  buy them." God is so good!  We're so happy that we'll be able to share these baby items with some needy moms in our community.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the last bullet point. God works in mysterious ways. I love it. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree -- how cool that God works in those ways, and that Nathan was obedient. Awesomeness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thankful heart! By taking the time to think and then thank, you honor God. I agree that God is creative (and amazing)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you were able to be a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is so neat about the diapers and wipes. Sometimes God's working powers can give you the chills. (In a good way!) And I love that you had a date with your Dad. Those are the best, aren't they?! My dates with my Dad usually involve Chick-fil-A because he is a picker eater and then a movie.
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel