Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Gratituesday


Today I'm linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls Gratituesday.  If you're grateful for something today, then head on over to her blog and link up!


This week, I'm grateful that . . .

  1. It was 40 degrees on Monday, and it rained which means that (some of) the snow is finally melting!!!  I may be super-optimistic when I say this, but I honestly feel like spring is right around the corner for us. ;)  Oh, and for those who are curious . . .we never got that predicted 14-inches from last week.  It was more like 4 inches, but it was still exciting to see everyone get all bothered by the threat of a big snow (myself included).
  2. Nathan's schedule has been really great lately.  We've enjoyed a lot of dinners together, and even some weekends.  I am really loving this extra Q-T with my man. 
  3. I am really grateful that God has been watching over Nathan and I financially.  I know these are uncertain times for many, many people and jobs are scarce.  I don't thank God nearly as much as I should for the fact that Nathan and I both are employed, but this week it was brought to my attention and I don't want to take that for granted.
  4. Last but certainly not least, I am so thankful that this blog has awarded me the opportunity to meet so many nice folks!  Those of you who comment often make my day, and I love reading about your kitchens/home lives/families.  It has been such a blast getting to know some of you, and I can't wait to get to know the rest of you over time!









6 comments:

  1. What wonderful blessings!
    14 inches of snow would have been crazy! WOW!

    Praise God for extra quality time and financial blessings!

    God is so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for melting snow! I can't wait for spring! I'm new to this really cold weather thing (from Florida). I loved it for a little bit, but goodness...a glimpse of the sun would be nice every once in a while!

    P.S.
    I nominated you for the stylish blogger award!
    http://homesayshello.blogspot.com/2011/02/me-stylish.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. =]

    I feel the same way about being employed. It is such a blessing -- especially in such a time as this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list, Rachel. I'm so glad that you have had more Q-T with Nathan -- what a blessing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say I'm jealous of your 40* yesterday! We were just under the freezing mark but we did have some sun to help melt some stuff! Looking forward to above freezing temps at the end of the week! Right now it is REALLY cold for the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes I was thankful to have such a nice afternoon on sunday
    quality time is so important so happy that you are getting a bit of it together

    loved reading your list of what you were thankful for

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel