Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gratituesday + SSMT Verse #4!



Today I'm linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls Gratituesday.  If you're grateful for something, then head on over to her blog and link up!


This week there's so much to be grateful for . . .

  • I'm especially grateful for warmer weather!  Monday it was in the 40's and by Friday they're predicting 50's -- craziness!  It's going to feel  like summertime after all these days of single digits.
  • This past Sunday our pastor spoke on God's grace, and the worship at church was just so powerful.  I was reminded and overwhelmed by how gracious and loving our God is.
  • Last night, Nathan and I enjoyed a nice romantic Valentine's Dinner in . . . 
I got real fancy and broke out our candlesticks

We cooked our sirloins in foil "pouches" with potatoes and carrots, using my dad's recipe.  This picture doesn't do it justice, but they were quite yummy!

Then we gorged ourselves on chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels . . . I think I ate about 1/2 dozen of the strawberries.  And then me and my Tums were BFF for the rest of the evening.

  • I'm grateful for whoever came up with the idea of dipping fruit in chocolate.  Genius, they were.  And grateful for whoever invented Tums.
  • This past weekend, Nathan and I watched a documentary on third-world countries.  It reminded me of all the simple pleasures we have -- I'm so grateful for shoes, and clothing, clean food, clean drinking water, and haircuts.  Along with this, I'm grateful that God has also blessed us with the opportunity to give these simple pleasures away to those less fortunate.
***

Today's the day when we pick our 4th verse for Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT).  This week's verse is short, but oh so powerful!  I decided on this one because it's my hearts desire to come into a closer relationship with God this year.  

If you're participating is SSMT, don't forget to link up your verses over on Beth's blog.  (For more info. on SSMT, click here).

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." -- Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)  


3 comments:

  1. What a yummy dinner! I like the verse you chose this week. I didn't even realize it was the 15th! Oops!
    Have a great day!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful week of wonderful things, friend!

    I'm glad you broke out the candlestick. Now, the question is -- did you grill the steaks?!? :) That's what all our neighbors have been doing. It hits 35 degrees and we break out the grills. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you all had a perfect valentines day!

    I agree... chocolate and fruit=amazing!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel