Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gratituesday + SSMT Verse #3


Today I’m linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls Gratituesday.  If you’re grateful for something, then head on over and link up today!

This week I’m grateful that:
  •  God looks out for us in the smallest of ways.  Just this past weekend I was having a day where everything seemed to be going wrong – I was clumsy, things were breaking, and I was irritable from lack of sleep.  I stopped and prayed about my feelings, and not too long after that God sent me a little surprise and it turned my whole day around! I love that my Heavenly Father knew my heart well enough to know that this little surprise would make my world right again.  His love is so lavish for us!  (I’ll be sharing more about the “surprise” in a later post).
  • We’re finally (hopefully) getting a big snow!  This winter in Upstate New York has been especially mild.  Don’t get me wrong . . . we've seen our fair share of the white stuff, but it’s been sporadic and not all at once, which has made it seem a lot milder than previous years.  Tonight and into tomorrow we’re supposed to get 14 inches!  We’ll see if the weatherman is right about his predictions.  Here’s hoping I get snowed in with my man!

***


Today is also the day I'm posting up my third verse for the Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT)!! (For more on what SSMT is, read this post on Beth Moore's blog.  To read my first two posts about SSMT, click here and here.) I'm so happy a few of you are joining up with SSMT.  I also convinced my mom and my mother-in-law to join too!  It's so exciting to share our verses and hold each other accountable.  It's never too late to join, so if you desire to memorize more Scripture this year, then feel free to hop on the memory verse bandwagon!

Since V-day is getting closer, and because our pastor spoke on Law vs. Love this past Sunday at church, I decided the theme of my next verse would be love.  

The third verse I chose is:
"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands." -- Deuteronomy 7:9 (NIV)
To link your third verse up with SSMT, click here.  Beth usually posts at 8 AM (CT), but that link will take you right to the homepage.  

Have a great day, friends!





5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder - just posted my verse and started memorizing it this morning. (Zephaniah 3:17) I'm reading a book about God singing over us and thought it would be a good one.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for snow!! Although, I'm not too sad that we're not getting another 14 inch + snowfall here. I hope you get a snow day :)

    You have a beautiful verse chosen too -- so wonderful to think about God's love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great verse! I remember learning that one in VBS growing up. =]

    I'm also glad your weekend turned around and I hope you get snowed in too! It's fun for a day or two! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. @theultimate--well, it turns out our "14 inches" was more like 4 (sad face!). Oh well! Here's hoping we get another one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That verse is just what I needed -- It's so easy for me to convince myself God is not just that.

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel