Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Game Day Grub

Since the Super Bowl is only days away, I thought I’d feature some game day grub on the blog today.

We’ve been invited to watch the game with our Monday night small group, and the ladies are bringing Soup.  Souper Bowl . . . get it? teeheehee.  Pardon my corniness. 

I think soup is a great meal to have with a big crowd.  And, of course, it requires me to use my all-time favorite kitchen gadget—the Crock Pot!

Here are a few of our favorite soup recipes:






Maybe you’re looking for more snacky or sandwich type items?  Why not try . . .

{Chicken Taquitos} – You could definitely cut these yummy things into thirds and place a toothpick in the center to make them into an appetizer

{Crock Pot Southwestern Chicken} – A delicious dish to cook up in your Crock Pot and serve over chips/nachos.





 
And if you're a pizza and wing person, why not try making your own?



And of course we can't forget the sweet stuff!






What's your gang eating for the Super Bowl?  I'd love to hear!


4 comments:

  1. I'm eating at your place for the Superbowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, yum! I love the Souperbowl Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got my eye on those taquitos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! It is 7 AM & I am now craving and big yummy bowl of soup! (and maybe a oreo truffle or two!)
    I hope you had fun at your Souper Bowl party!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel