Thursday, February 10, 2011

At least something about me is stylish


I don't consider myself very "stylish," but my new friend Christina seems to think my little ole' blog is.  Christina blogs over at Home Says Hello and she's nominated me for the Stylish Blogger Award!  I am completely flabbergasted and so excited because I also get to nominate 15 bloggers with the award!  There's nothing I love more than giving and receiving.  


So here's the deal . . . 


I have to thank the person who nominated me (Thank You, Christina!  You rock, and your blog is one of my many favorites to read each day!)


Then I have to tell you 7 random things about myself:

  1. I shop with my mom at the Goodwill every single Sunday afternoon, where we follow this trip with Starbucks and we both  order a tall, sugar free vanilla soy latte.  Predictable much?
  2. I sucked my thumb until I was 12-years-old.  Because of this, I wore braces for 3 1/2 years.
  3. There are only two foods I detest -- Coconut and Meringue.
  4. I've had the same car since I was 16-years-old.  I will cry the day it dies.  
  5. Weirdly enough, I think the white snow in Upstate New York resembles sandy beaches.  Sometimes when I'm driving I like to pretend I'm in Florida.  Or maybe I've just been gone from the south for far too long.  
  6. My favorite flowers are pink peonies.
  7. My nickname growing up was "Goosie" because my parents said I cackled like a goose when they tickled me.  My niece and nephews now call me "Goo" and my heart leaps a little inside every time they say it.  
And now for the fun part -- here are the 12 (I didn't have time to add 15) wonderful bloggers I'm nominating today with the Stylish Blogger Award - these are in no particular order.  Congrats, gals . . . you deserve it! (Please note: some of these blogs may be set to "private," so if you have trouble viewing them, then that's why.)
  • Two Little Monkeys -- This is my cousin, Missy, and she blogs about creative crafts, family life and the funny things her twin girls say.
  • The Ultimate -- This is my newfound friend, Morgan, who blogs about decorating her new home, cooking vegetarian meals and enjoying life with her new hubby.  
  • Prescription of Hope -- This is my sweet friend Heather who blogs about life with Dysautonomia.  If you ever need to have your spirits lifted, her reflective, honest and encouraging posts will do it!
  • Our Changing Reflection -- This is my dear friend, SnoWhite.  She blogs here about her marriage, faith and family.  (She also has a wonderful cooking blog called Finding Joy In My Kitchen, too!)
  • Life and Love in NY -- Chelsea (a classmate of mine from college) blogs here about her upcoming wedding, new recipes, and decorating her new home.  
  • Experience Joy -- This is my newfound friend, Sara, who is also a Siesta with me!  We're memorizing 24 scriptures this year as part of Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Team.  
  • The Cooking Photographer -- Another newfound friend, Laura, who blogs about yummy recipes and posts the most amazing photos of her food -- seriously, they will make you drool!
  • Claire Cooks -- Another newfound foodie blogger, Claire, who posts easy and delicious meals for families.
  • A Day in the Life -- My sweet friend, Sonya, who has the most stylish wardrobe.  She also posts about her newlywed life and family, too.   
  • Support For Ministry Wives -- This is my wonderful mother-in-law, who blogs for ministry wives.  If you're a wife in the ministry, then head on over to her blog for encouragement, laughs and support.  
  • Lamp Unto My Feet -- This is Sherry, and she writes the most thought-provoking posts on marriage and family (and even posts some yummy recipes, too!)



7 comments:

  1. You're too sweet!

    The award fits you well - stylish would be a good adjective to describe you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are too sweet to include me on this list! There are lots of awesome blogs here ... off to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet for including me Rachel! Thank you so much! :) I will have to check out the other blogs you have listed...they sound great too!
    Have a great weekend, sweet friend!
    love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peonies are so beautiful! And I hate coconut too! I get so upset when I find a recipe that looks amazing and then, somehow, coconut sneaks its way on the ingredient list. My family laughs at me when I get a box of chocolates. If you open the box, you see little teeth grooves in all the pieces...that would be me, checking to see if they have coconut. I guess it's a good way to make sure no one else eats my chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much! you are too sweet! and you deserve the award as well!

    i have loved checking out your blog and look forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I'm humbled you would pick my blog and the kind things you said about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Rachel, thank you! I have been blog-absent once again but I read all of your posts from the day I ceased blogging for a few weeks. Thanks again! : )

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel