Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Recap + Jan 31 Menu Plan


This weekend held quite the excitement.


I was welcomed home Friday night by these . . . 



I love "Just Because" surprises!  Tucked inside the bouquet was the sweetest handwritten card from my man.  He's simply the best!  We spent the rest of the night indoors.  Nathan and I cooked together and then watched Inception (great movie, by the way).  It was the perfect date night in.


Saturday, I spent the day cleaning and grocery shopping in order to replenish our empty cupboards (nothing real exciting about that, though).


And Sunday.  Sunday was the day it got interesting.  For lunch I cooked up a meal in our Crock Pot, and as I took the stoneware piece out to clean it, I noticed some of our lunch had leaked through a small crack in the  bottom of my Crock Pot.  The terrors!  

My Crock Pot is like my kitchen gadget BFF, and without it I feel empty.  Of course, I remembered back to the last time I cooked something in my beloved Crock Pot and recalled rinsing the hot stoneware piece in cold water.  This was an accidental mistake.  Not one I'm especially proud of.  Nothing looked out of the ordinary then, but yesterday it was cracked and I knew it was my mistake.  I wanted to kick myself.  

Then the hubs reminded me that I had a gift card with a nice balance left on it that needed to be spent, and said gift card was for a store that sells shiny new Crock Pots.  Off to the store I went!

And here's our new baby . . . 

 
It's the same size as my last one, but this puppy is digital and has a removable hinged door.  And the best part?  After my gift card, I only paid $.52 for it!  I love it when everything works itself out, don't you?  All is well in the Atwood Kitchen once again, and there's a whole chicken in the new Crock Pot as I type. 




I didn't put up a menu plan last week because we were traveling back from TN, and because we ate ourselves out of house and home before we left.  Because there was little food left in our pantry/fridge, there was zero real cooking going down in our casa last week, except for the night I made pancakes for dinner.  I'm so glad to be back to our regular menu planning/cooking schedule!!


This week, we're excited to use our new Crock Pot . . . here's hoping it's as fancy as it seems and works as great as the last one!


Monday: Hibachi with our Bible Study group :)


Tuesday: Baked Potatoes in the Crock Pot (we're going to fill these with shredded BBQ chicken)


Wednesday: With some of the leftover shredded chicken from Tuesday (without the BBQ sauce), we're going to make Chicken Salad Sandwiches, and enjoy some more smoothies.


Thursday:  Slow Cooker 6-Bean Organic Soup {new}


Friday:  Leftovers


Saturday: Chicken Cordon Bleu w/ Rice and Veggies {new}


If you're looking for more menu plan ideas, don't forget to head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie.  Lots of great menu plans are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday!


Have a blessed Monday, friends!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely surprise! You must have been extra sweet last week!

    Hated the news about the crock pot, but love a 52 cent solution. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be the same way if my Crock Pot bit the dust. Glad you were able to use a gift card to get a new one!!

    Clicked over from MPM on OrgJunkie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sad about your crockpot!! I'm glad, however, that you have a new one to enjoy. What fun.

    And, what a sweet husband of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You got a new crock pot for practically free! That's quite a deal. =]

    And your husband is so sweet! What a nice night. Have fun at your small group tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet that Nathan got your roses and a handwritten note! :)
    I am so glad that you were able to get a new crock pot. My family loves our crock pot too!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel