Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Latest Addiction

Ever since doctors and nutritionists have been talking up pro- and prebiotics, I have started to notice an increase in yogurt lovers emerge.  This isn't really statistically proven, it's just my own little observation.  Maybe that's just coincidence or maybe the peeps in my circles love them some yogurt.  Either way, I now notice a lot of folks enjoying this yummy, healthy dairy treat.  And I'm right there with them, too.  

My most favorite yogurt happens to be . . . 



In case you can't read the fine print, this here is Yoplus Blackberry Pomegranate yogurt.  It comes in this precious 4 pack, and 99% of the time I can find a $1/off coupon, making my favorite yogurt a delightful $1.00.  That's $.25 a yogurt, y'all.  You can't beat that with a stick!


The things I love about my new favorite yogurt: it's smooth (no fruit chunks), it's got fiber + probiotics which do things like keep your digestive system properly running (enough said), it's a sweet treat but it's not unhealthy, and the best part . . .it's cheap!  I love me some cheap healthy food.


One of my most favorite things to do with  my yummy yogurt (besides devouring it, of course) is to make smoothies out of it.  Maybe you're not a yogurt fan, and if so, I don't judge.  It's not for everyone.  But, please do me a favor and buy a 4-pack of this yogurt and try the smoothie recipe below.  It will forever change your view of yogurt.  This is by far mine and the hub's favorite sweet treat as of late.
 
Strawberry, Banana & YoPlus Smoothie -- The Atwoods

*This will make 1 large smoothie, or 2 good-sized smaller smoothies

  • 1 YoPlus Blackberry Pomegranate Yogurt
  • 1 handful of frozen strawberries (I like to use frozen fruit in place of ice)
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1 c. squeezed OJ (we tested with Simply Orange)
  1. Throw all these ingredients in your blender, and let it do its thang.
  2. Sit back under your heated throw in your -6 degree weather and enjoy this freezing cold treat! :)
PS - Because I strive to be a responsible blogger, I should note that Yoplait did not pay me to write this post.  I don't work for Yoplait, because if I were to hold such a position, I would eat this flavor yogurt all day long and it would never make it to the shelves. 






10 comments:

  1. I don't like chunks in my yogurt either. Blackberry Pomegranate sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! It can't get better than healthy AND yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the disclaimer : )
    I am not a huge "store-bought" yogurt fan but love parfaits so I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great! I love yogurt in the morning but havent heard much on the pro/prebiotics... then again, I am not the poster child for healthy eating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVVVE smoothies!! However I restrain myself and only go buy them a few times a year. I haven't really thought about making them for myself at home. I definitely need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you tell me how to avoid having a blog title up above your picture at the top? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I haven't tried that flavor of yogurt, but it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! That sounds great. I haven't tried it yet, but I will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I figured it out, Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've just brought me back to my smoothie making days! I used to buy big tubs of yogurt and make smoothies to bring to class when I was in college.

    Due to no longer having a blender, smoothies have been forgotten. You've definitely encouraged me to put a blender on the "to buy" list!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel