Monday, January 3, 2011

Marital Monday + Week of Jan. 2 Menu Plan

Happy Monday, y'all!  Make it a good one today...it's the first Monday of the New Year, so let Jesus reign and forget those Monday blues! :)  

Nathan and I had such a relaxing weekend.  I hope you did too!  Saturday night, my parents came over and we had a traditional southern New Year's dinner.  My mom brought black eyed peas, hog jowls and turnip greens and I served up some healthy fried chicken and scalloped potatoes.  

I would've taken pictures, but this kinda thing is just normal for rednecks so I didn't think it was that picture worthy.  Nathan had no idea what hog jowls were, so we got a kick out of explaining the meaning behind why we eat such crazy things on New Year's.  

Do any of you eat any funny things on New Year's, too?  



Today I thought I'd take Marital Monday to share some of our Christmas pictures.  Surely it's not too late to post these?  I didn't think so. :)

We really missed being with our Tennessee and Alabama families this Christmas, but in just a few short weeks we'll be seeing some of them for a belated Christmas celebration.  Although it was just me, Nathan and my parents, we still had a wonderful Christmas weekend sitting around in our pj's, eating lots of yummy food, playing games and watching movies.   

Enjoy these, and don't judge--we usually go makeup and hairbrush free on holidays around these parts.

 My sweet mom and dad on Christmas morning

Nathan opening his stocking.  Yes, that's peroxide...we like to keep things practical :)

I was so excited to get some new comfy scarves and a blazer, that I wasted no time wearing them all together! :)

My mom's kitchen is rooster-themed, so my dad got her some rooster cups and teapot

Opening gifts...

 One of me and the hubs :)







This week, we're excited to try some new recipes that I've been collecting.  I'll be sure to let you know how they turn out!

For more menu plan ideas, don't forget to head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie--lots of great menu plans are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday.


Monday -- Pizza with friends before Bible Study

Tuesday -- Chicken Swiss Bundles {new} w/ Tomato Soup 

Wednesday -- Leftover Night

Thursday -- Hashbrown Casserole (I'll be using hashbrowns instead of tater tots)

Friday -- Chicken Enchiladas {new} w/ rice

Saturday -- Brunch Breakfast Pizza {new}


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Christmas photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Menu for the week looks great. We would love Chicken Enchilada's. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried hashbrown casserole for the first time t his week and it was really good!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother makes black eyed peas for New Years as well. We don't do turnip greens, but collard greens and ham hocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you decided to wear several of your Christmas presents at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel