Monday, January 10, 2011

Marital Monday + Jan. 10 Menu Plan


Just a few silly ramblings for today . . . 

Last week, Nathan came home to find this in the refrigerator:
When I got home, he said, "Hey, go look in the refrigerator."  I did and yes, I discovered the cereal box placed in there from breakfastWhat can I say, I was tired that morning! :)  Do you ever do this?  I do it so often!  Sometimes I even try to put the peanut butter in the fridge. 

Also last week, I came home to find a nice-sized box sitting on the dining room table.  For those who don't know, my love language is gifts so imagine my excitement when I learned that the box was for Yours Truly!   I ripped it open and found these . . . 


Nathan ordered me a pair of bowling shoes!  I was so pumped.  You see, we like to bowl and Nathan has his own bowling ball and shoes but I've been shoe-less and we've been paying the extra $$ to rent the shoes.  Now when we go to $.99/game night we can bowl for cheap!

Oh, and in case you didn't see, my bowling shoes are hot pink.


Don't be jealous of my styling profiling ways, y'all.  And please, don't be jealous of my hairdo in the photo above.  I was just having a great bang day. ;)



This week, we're excited to break out the Crock Pot and put it into Overdrive.  Are you using your Crock Pot more now that it's colder out?  We sure are!  I love how easy it is.









Tuesday: Lemon "Herby" Chicken in the Crock Pot with Rice and Broccoli

Wednesday: Leftovers


Friday:  Taco Night! We'll be having beef tacos with rice. (So excited to use my new rice cooker that Santa brought me!)

Don't forget to head over to Laura's blog at I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu plan ideas.  

Have a great Monday, y'all!  I have been so encouraged by all of your sweet comments lately.  Y'all are the best bloggy friends ever! :)  


Much Love,

6 comments:

  1. How cute! I love your bowling shoes! We actually just went this weekend and I was thinking how nice it would be to have my own so I don't have to put on shoes that have been worn by a billion people! haha.

    And you are not going to believe this, but it snowed here last night!! We have 8 inches at our house... So of course, I can't even drive in to work today. How about that craziness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy the soup!!

    I love the shoes, by the way.

    And ... do you have ties to the school on your sweatshirt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are WAAAAYYY too cool now! HA

    Going to make some crock pot meals now that it's so cold outside. We got 3-4 inches of snow here in Nashville - which basically shuts everything down. Lazy day for us - yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't bowl, but those shoes are AWESOME! Kudos to your hubby for such a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cereal box in the fridge - done it myself. Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Katie--thanks! :) I really like them!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel