Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! + 1st Memory Verse of 2011

Happy New Year, y'all!  I hope you had a great New Year's Eve, and rang it in with the ones you love dearly.  I know I did!  

Me and my man sat and watched the ball drop and cracked open a bottle of sparkling grape juice.  We reminisced about 2010 and prayed that God would lead and guide us in the upcoming new year.  New beginnings are so exciting, and I don't know about you, but I sure could use a fresh start!  

I shared with you yesterday that one of my personal goals is to memorize more Scripture this year.  I'm joining the SSMT (Siesta Scripture Memory Team) over on Beth Moore's blog, and I'd love to see a few of you join with me.  We're going to be memorizing 24 verses in 2011, and I can't wait!  If you'd like to join, it starts today and it's not too late!  Here are the instructions, and here's the first post to link your verse too.

I've decided that one way I'm going to keep myself accountable (besides linking up on Beth's blog) is by sharing with you here the memory verses that I'm learning.  A couple of you have mentioned this is one of your New Year's resolutions as well, so feel free to share your verses too!    

My first verse for 2011 is Zephaniah 3:17 --
"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (NIV)
This one came to me yesterday while my head was racing with all the things I needed to do.  I found this verse written in one of my journals, and I knew it was the perfect one to start this New Year off with.  I love that it says God's love quiets us.  So comforting!

Have a great day today.  Hopefully you're enjoying some time relaxing with family and friends.  I've gotta scoot...company's coming later and we're eating a Southern New Year dinner (black eyed peas, collard greens, and all the rest). 


May God bless each and every one of you this New Year,


5 comments:

  1. What a great way to start off the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm doing this too and found your blog over at the LPM Blog. Just became a follower here, looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful verse! Holds such TRUTH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great challenge - I'm going to do it also - Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful scripture to start your new year. What an exciting challenge!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel