Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gratituesday: God's Strength


I'm linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers today for Gratituesday.  If you're grateful for something today, head on over and link up with us!  

This week I'm grateful for a lot, but I wanted to share one particular thing I'm especially grateful for lately. . . 
 
The New Year brings with it new beginnings.  I don't know why this year is any different than year's past, but I just happen to be extremely excited about what all God is going to do in 2011.  

One of the verses our pastor quotes frequently is Ephesians 3:20-21 -- "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."  I love that God is able to do more than we could ever ask or imagine...all we have to do is be willing to walk in it--whatever "it" may be.

"It" for me lately has been spending some time in a valley.  I don't know why God has brought this season to me, but He's teaching me so much.  I've been really having to rely on God for His strength, and it's taught me a lot about myself.  I tend to bottle things in and have a big "I can do" attitude, but I've realized through this valley that sometimes God wants us to say to Him..."I can't do, and I need You to."

Last week, I was a big ball of emotions about this valley time I've been having and it all of the sudden hit me...

I can either sit back and feel sorry for myself through this, or I can pull myself together and praise God through it.  Even though the latter is a bit harder at times, I've chosen to praise.  I've chosen to fall on Jesus through this and let Him carry me through.  

Isaiah 41:10 -- So do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

I'm ready for 2011 to be a year where I stop relying on myself, and start letting God have His rightful place -- as King of my heart, soul and mind.  I'm ready for Him to do immeasurably more!

I don't know if any of you are going through a time in the valley right now or not, but this song played the other day and ministered so deeply to me that I thought I'd share...







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that encouragement from Isaiah -- just what I needed this morning. Valley times are no fun, but they are a learning experience. Praise God that He is teaching you and you are willing to listen and learn.

    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post and inspiring. I have found myself in valleys before many times and it's so easy for me to just wallow there and feel sorry for myself, but you are correct, in those times we have to give it all to Him and confess that we can't do it on our own. =]

    Sending prayers for you. Hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel