Hubby and I whipped this one up in no time a few weeks back and I think it was prep to finish in 40 minutes flat. I love when that happens. :)
We did this one vegetarian style, but the recipe says to add in 12 ounces of Italian sausage or ground beef, which I'm sure is especially yummy. I may try the sausage next time!
Better Homes and Gardens, Pink Edition Cookbook
- 7 ounces dried cavatelli (we used Radiatore instead because our grocer didn't have cavatelli on hand...any macaroni-sized noodle will do! Their just so stinkin' cute, aren't they?!?)
- 12 ounces uncooked Italian sausage, sliced or ground beef (optional...we did this one vegetarian style and it was still great!)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 26-ounce jar pasta sauce (we used a tomato basil one and it was really good with this)
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Start by cooking your pasta. Once it's Al dente, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook your meat (if applicable) with onion and garlic until done. Drain, if needed.
- In a large bowl, stir together sauce, 3/4 c. of the cheese, and the pepper. Add the cooked pasta and the meat/veggie mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish, or get extra fancy and put these in little ramekins.
- Bake, covered at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Serve this up with a nice side salad and some yummy Italian bread.