Monday, December 6, 2010

Marital Monday + Dec. 6 Menu Plan

This weekend, Nathan and I kicked off our Christmas family traditions.  Saturday night, we went with my parents to cut down our 2nd Christmas tree.

We went a little later than usual, and boy was it cold!  (And dark.)  Nathan and I picked one we thought looked OK (for picking one out in the dark), and then we got it home and were so pleased!  It's more prickly than our tree from last year, but it looks so nice in our living room and makes the whole house smell and feel like Christmas.

Here are a few pictures of our tree cutting  . . . 

Nathan found "The One"

I just couldn't contain my excitement

Warming up inside, after cutting down our tree
My mom and dad found their perfect tree!
While my dad was hard at work cutting their tree down, my mom and me were freezing and enjoying hot chocolate :)

We got ours home and the boys had to wrestle with it a bit to get it in the stand

Then we got to decorating!
 

And while we were decorating inside, this was happening outside . . . 

And Nathan and I exchanged ornaments (a tradition from my family that we're carrying over to our family)
I got him an Adirondacks ornament that spells out "LOVE" and he got me the above ornament to remember our NYC anniversary trip. :)

Now our house is officially ready for our 2nd Christmas!!



This week, we're enjoying some of our favorite comfort food dishes!  Now that's it's officially winter here in Upstate New York, that means lots of soups/stews and comforting dinners are going to be appearing on our menu plans.

Monday -- Barbecue Crispy Chicken Melts w/ Steamed Broccoli and Salad
Tuesday -- Hearty Potato Soup w/ Bread {new}
Thursday -- Leftovers
Friday -- Tater Tot Casserole w/ Veggies
Saturday -- Creamy Crock Pot Chicken {new} w/ Salad

If you need more menu plan ideas, don't forget to head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie.  Lots of great menu plans are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday.

Blessings to you this Monday!


5 comments:

  1. Oooohhh, your tree looks great! Thanks for posting the pictures!

    Wish we had some snow - had flurries yesterday that lasted for about 5 minutes - which doesn't really count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree! I love your Christmas decorating pictures! And the snow, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree -- what a fun tradition to exchange ornaments!!

    Hope you're enjoying all the snow! We talked to our NY family this past weekend while it was snowing like crazy. We got a hit from that storm too on Friday/Saturday. Love all the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tree looks so pretty! I love it! And I bet you guys had so much fun decorating it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi your tree is fabulous ! I looked all over blog land for meal plans for two.(whew they had EVERY number but 2) So i am a follower!Love the colors you picked for your blog.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel