Monday, December 13, 2010

Marital Monday + Dec. 13 Menu Plan



Mushy gushy alert!!  

Today I thought I'd take a brief second to tell my man why I love him so.  There are a billion and one more reasons, but these have been on my mind lately so I decided to jot them down.




  • I love that when I've been at work all day and come home, you attack me like a puppy that's been left all alone.  You talk my ears off and kiss me 50 times and need hugs every 5 minutes.  It makes me feel like you can't get enough of me.  And that makes my romantic heart melt faster than butter in Julia Childs' saucepan. 
  • I love that we have inside jokes like "Sunday kisses", "Dinty Moore Beef Stew" and "Cletus and Granny" . . . it makes me feel like I'm your best friend, and the one you want to share all your secrets with.
  • I love that our marriage isn't perfect.  How boring would that be?!?  I love that things get messy sometimes, and that we both have to work selflessly together as adults to put it back together again.  I love working at this marriage thing with you.  It's the funnest hardest work I've ever done in my whole life, and I wouldn't trade one stinkin' second of it.
  • I love that you are all man.  You love working with your hands, your favorite meal is steak and taters, you can tackle any project around the house or on the cars, you kill the small baby spiders for me so I don't freak out, you take out the trash - every. single. time., and you love problem-solving.  My favorite look on you is when you have your cut-off tee-shirt, holey jeans, and mechanic gloves on...you smell like grease and sweat and...well, I'll stop there.  This is a PG blog, after all. ;)
  • I also love that although you are all man, you're also a romantic manly man.  You play with my hair, rub my arms until I fall asleep, kiss my nose, leave me silly/sweet notes, buy me little things from the store "just because", still open my door for me, need my affection, open my fudge popsicles because I can't do it myself without leaving paper all over the stupid thing, take me on dates, hold my hand in public and tell me I'm beautiful even when I don't have the slightest stitch of makeup on.
  • I love when you call me "Poops"
  • I love that you listen to Christian metal but have a sweet spot in your heart for the old church hymns. 
  • I love that you ask my opinion on all things food, health, skin, and bodily function-related.  It makes me feel like the doctor and chef I'll never be.
  • I love that although we're only 2 people, we're still a family.  I love that you lead our family in prayer and I love that you love God with all of your heart. 

I love you, Poops. :)







Since I start my new job today (here's hoping everything goes smoothly!), I thought I'd make it easy on myself this week and make a couple of our meals from the slow cookerThese are new recipes, so if they are a hit, I'll be sure to report back. :)

Monday:  Pizza Night (Nathan and I have Bible study, so this makes it easy peasy for us to eat and get there on time!)
Tuesday: Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta (one of our favorites!)
Wednesday: Leftover Night
Thursday: Slow Cooker Chicken-N-Dumplings
Friday: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Saturday: TBD


If you need more menu plan ideas, don't forget to head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie!  Lots of great menu plans are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday.


Have a great week, y'all!




6 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel! That is so sweet what you wrote about Nathan! You are such an inspiring Christian couple.
    I know it has been quite a while since I left a comment but I do still visit you from time to time! :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you guys, I love him even more now too, ha ha. Best of luck on your first day of your new job. And your menu sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea for your new job today :) Hope it goes great.

    I also love your list for your husband -- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky man Nathan is to have such a thoughtful, loving wife who sees the good and praises him!!!!!

    Been praying for you all day - hope your first day of work went great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you enjoy your husband so much and more importantly, you let him know. As someone who has been married 37 years, my prayers for you are that you will always stay this in touch with each other. It sounds as though you have a very wonderful, Christ centered relationship. Be happy! Oh and the menu sounds great. I am going to try a couple of the recipes

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sue--thanks so much :) And 37 years?!? Congrats! That's a milestone! :) Hope you enjoy the recipes.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel