Friday, December 31, 2010

In with the new . . .

I shared with you yesterday how Nathan and I did on our 2010 goals.  We sat down the other night and compiled our new list of goals for the upcoming year.  In 2011, although the list is smaller, it feels much more ambitious.  Here’s hoping our New Year enthusiasm doesn’t wane too quickly!


Here are our Family Goals for 2011 . . .
  1. Save enough money to take a beach trip for our 2nd anniversary/Nathan’s birthday in early-July.
  2. Pay off all student loans by the end of 2011; becoming debt free!! I don’t have to tell you we’re both super-exited about whipping this goal’s booty.
  3. Continue saving money towards Rachel’s new car. Since my baby of 10 years now has well over 150K miles on it, we’ve been saving money for a new slightly used car. Our hopes are to meet our goal by the end of 2011. Of course, we won’t start car shopping until my tank kicks the bucket. Here’s hoping she never does! In the words of Boyz to Men, it’s so hard to say goodbye. *tear*
  4. The list of house projects in 2011 is quite extensive, but we can’t wait to start tackling some of them! Here they are in all their glory in no particular order: trench the yard (this is a BIG Nathan and FIL job), plant more flowers in the back bed and add trellis for privacy, plant veggie and herb garden #2, cut down dead tree in side yard, paint backyard shed, finish staining back deck, demolish front stoop/entryway and put something new in, paint all trim in the house white, re-grout bathroom tile, and last but not least….start the kitchen renovation project!! (Can I get a big whoop whoop?!?) This will definitely be ongoing, but I’m tickled pink to be starting it in 2011!
  5. Phew! I’m tired already just from reading goal #4!  Last but not least...workout and ride our bikes more.
This year, Nathan and I also decided to set personal goals for ourselves. We talked about these this week, and we’re excited to start holding each other accountable. We don’t want to disclose too many of these on the WWW for obvious reasons, but I will share with you that one of my personal goals in 2011 is to memorize more Scripture.

Imagine my excitement when I visited Beth Moore’s blog and noticed she’s putting this same challenge out to all her bloggy friends. It’s like Beth and I have the same thought processes. In my dream life, we’re totally BFF’s. So, since I’m stoked about this challenge, I thought I’d throw it out and see if any of you readers want to participate with me!

Everyone can use more Truth in their life, and what better way to get it than to memorize it and store it in your heart. Head to this post on Beth’s blog to read the details. The challenge is this: 24 verses in 52 weeks. I’ll be sharing on my blog the verses I choose each month, but please go check her blog out too and consider participating. It starts tomorrow, so consider quickly!

This is a quote from one of her posts that I just loved.  It really motivated me to participate in this 24-verse challenge…
"[Memorizing Scripture] is a huge part of calling the mind captive to Christ (2 Cor. 10:3-5) and most of us know from experience that our battles are won or lost in our MINDS."
I can second this statement, and that's why I've made it my goal to pack my mind with Truth in 2011.  Who's with me?

Oh and be sure to tell me what your goals/resolutions are for 2011.  I'd love to hear!






4 comments:

  1. I plan to do the scripture memory too! It's something I really need to do! The tough part will be figuring out what to memorize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. I hope you are able to meet all your goals for 2011 =]

    I feel you on the car situation. We're trying to save up money for that same reason. I need to do this! Get all my goals down on paper. I'm also going to steal your resolution to memorize more scripture. hehe! =]

    And I will definitely let you know about our party. Happy New Year to you and Nathan too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful goals! Wishing you a wonderful 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your list -- I'm excited just thinking about your kitchen renovation!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel