This has got to be the hands-down easiest way to make Chicken N Dumplings. Ever. And, might I add that these were delicious?? We're definitely keeping this recipe on file for later use.
I adapted the recipe just a bit based on some of the reviews and I took into consideration that I was only feeding 2, not an army. You'll need to adjust the ratios if you're feeding more.
Enjoy this one! We sure did.
Today I'm linking this up with SnoWhite's Countdown to 2011. I've been meaning to participate all week, but I'm just now getting around to it. Check out her blog here and see all the delicious soups being posted!
Crock Pot Chicken N Dumplings -- All Recipes (Janiece)
- 2 boneless, skinless frozen chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 pack (6 or 8 biscuit) refrigerated biscuit dough -- I only used about 4, and then cooked the rest for us to eat with the meal.
- Place onion on bottom of Crock Pot, cover with chicken breasts.
- Pour soup and broth on top and add butter. Pour enough water on top to cover chicken (if the broth doesn't cover it all...I only had to add a little water to mine).
- Let cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- About 2 hours before serving, cut biscuit dough into strips and add to Crock Pot. Turn Crock Pot on HIGH and cook until biscuits are no longer raw inside (mine took roughly 1 1/2 hours)
- Serve warm and enjoy!