Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Bling Bling Tablescape

A few weeks back I showed you a casual festive tablescape that I pulled together on a whim for less than $10.  But, we all know that sometimes the holidays can require you to get a little fancy and bring out the bling.  Today I thought I'd show you mine and Nathan's fancier table setting for the holidays. Oh, and just because it's fancy doesn't mean I spent a lot of dough . . . I whipped this one up for under $10, too! :)  Gotta' love a bargain!

The inspiration for this came from some faux trees I snagged last after-Christmas sale at Michaels.  They have the slightest touches of bling throughout . . . silver glittery branches with pine cones dipped in silver glitter.  They were too pretty (and cheap) to pass up, but I didn't know what I would use them for.  That is until I found some black and silver placemats at Khols a while back and decided that the trees would make the perfect centerpiece for a Black and Silver holiday tablescape.

Last Saturday I got to work on pulling it together, and I'm so happy with the way it turned out!  It's simple, but classy at the same time.  Since setting it up, I've decided to leave it out all the time.  It makes our dining room look so festive!

This setting would be great for a formal dinner, or a romantic dinner for two . . . 



I used another scarf as a table runner...this time I went with plain ole' black. 

 Here's and up-close of the bling on the trees... 

I used the same white dishes that I used in the peppermint themed tablescape, but jazzed it up a bit with the silver and black placemats, and a little Christmas tree nametag in each bowl
Here's an up-close of the tree nametag holders.  I found these for $.99 at The Christmas Tree shop, and I just added small hole punched cardstock around the ribbon and wrote our names on them 
(we don't usually have nametags on our table when it's just the two of us, but this gives you an idea of how you might set this up if you had some company coming)

My favorite element of the whole table are the napkin rings.  I found these on sale at Pier 1, and knew they'd be the perfect little sparkle.
 And speaking of sparkle, I also found two of these super-glittery branches on sale at JoAnn's that I added to the table as well.  These shed pretty bad, but who doesn't love silver glittery everywhere?!?  :)


 And this little doodad is something I picked up at the Christmas Tree Shop for $1.99.  It makes the table look even more romantic and soft when the votives are lit and the lights are dimmed. ;)
 And when I feel like switching it up a bit, I move one of the trees to the living room on our end table, and bring out an apothecary jar filled with these cute black and white glass balls that usually reside in our guest bed room . . .  

(sorry this one looks so dark...I took it at night)

So there you have it!  Another cheap holiday table setting that's sure to make your dining room table scream Christmas.

So how about you?  Are you whipping up any holiday table settings these days?  Do you love to shop after-Christmas sales as much as I do?  I'd love to hear!




5 comments:

  1. Pretty! No tables here - between the dogs & girls it would last, Oh, a minute : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I really like it! All the glitter -- I'm in love. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the napkin rings and the sparkle - eating by candlelight is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Black & White balls in the jar! Could you please tell me where you got them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous - I got them from a store called The Christmas Tree Shop (not sure if they are near you, but they are owned by Bed, Bath and Beyond). I think the balls were $1.99/ea. Hope this helps!! PS - I have similar ones at TJMaxx or other places like that.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel