Pillsbury sends out weekly e-newsletters (they're free, so if you haven't signed up for them it's well worth it). Not only are there tons of coupons included, but they also have some really yummy recipes, too. That's where I got this recipe. It was a winner, so I'm adding it to our faves.
Slow Cooker Chile Chicken Tacos -- adapted from Pillsbury
*makes 2-4 tacos
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 can (4.5 oz) green chiles
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce, divided
- fixins' -- taco shells, sour cream, lettuce, guac, cheese, etc.
- Spray Crock Pot with non-stick spray
- Place chicken in bottom of Crock Pot. Sprinkle with taco seasoning or other Mexican seasonings. Add brown sugar, chiles, corn and 1/2 of the enchilada sauce. Refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Remove chicken, and shred. Place back in Crock Pot and let heat through.
- Serve mixture in a soft, warm tortilla topped with your favorite toppings!