Monday, November 29, 2010

Marital Monday + Nov. 29 Menu Plan


Short and sweet today with a quote from my funny husband . . . 

On Saturday night, Nathan went to change out of his blue jeans and into his pajamas.  He came back into the living room and we decided to have a late night snack.  When he sits down on the couch with his snack, he says:

"This is why I love elastic waistbands on pants.  I can eat as much as I want and it's still comfortable!"

If that doesn't perfectly sum up a Thanksgiving weekend, then I don't know what does! :)


We're not quite through all of our turkey just yet, but we are sick of eating it.  I put the rest of it in a big pot yesterday and made a batch of Turkey Noodle Soup (I just used this easy recipe and replaced the chicken with turkey).  


Since we're almost turkey free, we're cooking up some oldies and some newbies this week on our Menu Plan . . .  

Monday: Mexican Night!  Burritos with Rice and Beans
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Lemon-Mustard Chicken {new} with rice and veggies
Thursday:  Holiday Party @ Work - eating there.
Friday: Baked Cavatelli {new} with garlic toast and broccoli florets 
Saturday: Chicken Philly Cheese (minus the steak) Sandwiches

For more menu plan ideas, don't forget to head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie - lots of great menu plans are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday!



2 comments:

  1. love that line from you husband :)

    I'm excited for the lemon-mustard chicken recipe... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hubby should see my hubby's belly he may take off the elastic waist pants and run around the block.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel