Friday, November 12, 2010

Copy Cat Paris Bistro Sandwich

There's a little sandwich shop here in Upstate New York - Camille's Sidewalk Cafe.  They have a wrap on their menu called the Paris Bistro Wrap.  It's delightful, and full of cheesy, tart, crunchy goodness.  This week, I decided to try my hand at making my own version of the sandwich from home.  It worked out really well, and I know we'll be making these again.


Copy Cat Paris Bistro Sandwich - The Atwoods


  • Sandwich bread of your choice (or wrap)
  • 1 Granny Smith Apple, sliced
  • Brie Cheese, sliced (or Brie cheese spread-this is what we used and it was so easy!)
  • Ham, sliced
  • Honey Mustard (we made our own by mixing together spicy brown mustard with some honey...just try 1 tsp of each and then adjust according to your tastes)
Start by spreading your honey mustard on one side, and your Brie cheese on the other

Then, place your ham and apples on top. You could also add baby spinach, onion, tomato, etc.

Grill the sandwich like you would a grilled cheese (we have a grilled cheese maker, which makes this really easy!)

Enjoy with a piping hot bowl of tomato soup. :)


 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy - bad news though, Camille's changed its name to Colie's throughout Rochester, and the menu has changed a bit. I ate there and it was delish but I can't say whether I noticed your sandwich was still there. Either way, glad you were able to recreate one of their sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say YUMMO! I might just tweak this a little and use this idea for turkey leftovers. What a great idea to use apple and brie. A very gourmet grilled cheese.
    xo Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds tasty!!

    this made me think... have you had pizza at Cam's NY Pizzeria???

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel