Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend Recap + Oct. 3 Menu Plan

This weekend was a lot of fun around the Atwood Casa.  We did absolutely nothing.  :)  A rarity among these parts, but definitely much needed!


Friday night, Nathan was off so we ate leftovers and chilled in front of the T.V. watching a new series we rented from Netflix that we're loving--The Unit.  It's totally curbing our 24 addiction until the next season comes out on DVD.


Saturday morning, Nathan went off to work and me and my mom went about 40 miles outside of Rochester to a little town called Hilton.  They had an Apple Festival, and we had no idea how big of a deal it would be. There were vendors everywhere, tons of great food and live music.  It was a perfect fall day and we had so much fun!  Here are a few pictures of the day (you can click on the photos to enlarge them):


 The food vendors--see that sign that says "Apple Sausage?" :)

People sitting on hay to listen to the music


Apple Crisp . . . yuuum

 So much beautiful pottery!

 This little guy had fall written all over him!

Cinnamon Apple Jelly 

Apple BBQ Sauce

 Of course we had to try the cider!

Me and my mom enjoying our day :)


I just couldn't resist . . .this is the apple sausage.  Sadly, it didn't have much of an apple taste, but it was still yummy!


Speaking of yummy food, I'm excited about the Menu Plan this week!  Nathan requested that I make a Pot Roast, and I have to admit - now that the chilly weather is settling in, Pot Roast sounds like a perfect addition to the menu. 

Monday: Leftover tacos from the weekend or Soup
Tuesday: Crock Pot Italian Pot Roast w/ Tortellini Side Dish (I found this on Southern Living's website, and thought I'd give it a try!)
Wednesday: Pot Roast Sliders w/ Mac and Cheese (I'm going to make some biscuits, and make mini Pot Roast sandwiches for us to use up the leftovers.  I thought mac and cheese sounded like a great side to pair with this - a nice comfort meal!)
Friday: Grill Night! I thought we'd grill out some Barbecue Chicken and make up some mashed potatoes (Walmart has their 10# bags of potatoes on sale this week for $1.99, so we have an extra abundance of taters!)
Saturday: We're finally going to use our free Six Flags tickets and go to Fright Fest - that night I'll probably just do Soup and Sandwiches when we get home. 

If you need menu plan ideas, don't forget to head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie!  Tons of menu ideas are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday!

Blessings for you this Monday,




5 comments:

  1. ahhh... what I wouldn't do for a weekend of nothingness!!! Sounds like it was wonderful. The apple festival reminds me of the cherry festival in northern MI -- lots of cherry everything! Glad you tried the sausage -- it looks tasty.

    enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! What great pictures. Rochester, as in NY? I love that area. I could live there.
    And your meu sounds fabulous. Especially the sliders! My boys love them.
    I am going to look up your enchillada recipe again. Delicious!
    Give my best to Nathan.
    xo Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a super fun weekend :) You and Sylvia look so much alike in that pic :) Same sweet smile!!!

    xoxo to all my Rochester fam!!!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun weekend!
    Love the photo of you and Aunt Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Yvonne--YES--Rochester, NY! You should plan a visit--especially this time of year (well, actually in 2 weeks). The foliage is so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel