Monday, October 25, 2010

Marital Monday + Oct. 25 Menu Plan


Around this time every year, Upstate New York starts getting a wee bit chilly and the clouds start getting grayer.  It’s the perfect time of year to begin the hibernation process indoors with your hunny! :) 

And what better way to hibernate with your hunny than under some new flannel sheets!

We swiped these up at Target a few weeks back when they had them marked down to $16...

We honestly haven't been happier since.  It’s made it extremely difficult to get out of bed.  Just this past weekend, Nathan asked me why these weren't on our bed anymore.  I sweetly reminded him that they needed to be washed, and he gave me a disappointed look.  I gave one back to him in agreement, and it was as if we were silently grieving the loss of our sheets for the weekend.  

Our new sheet obsession and extended sleep patterns make for a sad, sad state of affairs around these parts.

I also find that hibernating season brings out the baker in me.  Can we say dangerous?!?  Not that I’m a danger when I bake, but when the baked goods are done, they are a danger to me.  Nathan's not much of a baked-good eater, so I'm left with all these cookies, muffins, cakes staring at me.  It’s going to be one loooong winter!


This week, Nathan and I are extremely excited to have some special friends over to our house for dinner.  We've started meeting a few young married couples from our new church, so we've invited them over on Tuesday for dinner and board games.  We're also welcoming some new recipes to our menu this week, so I'm anxious to see how they turn out!

If you need menu plan ideas, don't forget to head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie!  Tons of menu plans are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday.

Monday:  A local pizzeria is hosting a $4 special, and Nathan has been craving pizza.  Since this is Bible study night, I had no objections to a night off from cooking!
Tuesday: Three Cheese Ziti, Cesar Salad, Garlic Bread
Thursday: Date night w/ my dad. :) Leftovers.

Have a great Monday!!


7 comments:

  1. Smart girls think alike :) I love my flannel sheets and my jersey sheets!!! Happy Fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there! I found your blog through "Auntie Yvonne" at Stone Gable! YOur menu sounds great!!!!! Hope you have a great weekend, AND another set of flannel sheets so you are never without them:):):) XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any thing better than cozy sheets? It hasn't turned cool here yet (much), but also hate getting out of bed on cold winter mornings. Looking forward to the crock pot potato soup recipe - mine is never that good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... I'm excited you're making 3 cheese ziti for Tuesday -- it's almost like I'll be there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for some good meal ideas. Happy Menu planning. Have a great week.

    Nina (Author)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't get to terribly cold down here in Alabama, but I'm sure it does up there in New York! Brr! It sure is cozy when it's cold outside isn't it? I love the cold weather that we do get here. =]

    And I'm excited to try the three-cheese ziti recipe you linked to in your meal plan! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love a great pair of sheets? It honestly does make sleeping more awesome!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel