Thursday, October 14, 2010

Facing Our Fears

I realized last week that there has been a lot of food talk going on this here blog for the past couple of weeks.  I apologize for that.  Especially to those of you who are family and friends and would like to know more about what’s going on around here other than what we’re shoving in our faces.  :)  


We finally used our free tickets for Six Flags and ventured there this past weekend for Fright Fest.  I used to attend Fright Fest yearly with a group of my sweet girlfriends when I lived in Alabama, so I was a bit misty-eyed thinking of going this year (especially since I just saw some of them, and am having girlfriend withdrawals lately).   However, Nathan made this trip extremely fun and memorable.  


Because we're both suckers for savings, we also thought we'd mention that this fun, all-day trip set us back $8 for parking, $3.75 for Cotton Candy and $5 for rock climbing.  Not bad!  Every year, a local car dealership gives away free Six Flags tickets to anyone who test drives a car, so we've been able to snag free tickets for the past 3 years!  Saturday when we went, we noticed that the regular price of tickets is $42 per person (yikes!!), so we saved $82! :)  Are we nerds for getting excited about this?  Don't answer that.


Here are a few pictures from our day:

The fountain decked out in scary stuff...

Our view from the top of the Wheel...

This here is called a Corn Cannon...that is in fact a lawnmower, and an air tank with a cannon attached.  And that man is in fact shooting corn on the cob out of it at a floating target.  The things we New Yorkers find amusing!

This is Nathan gearing up to do some rock wall climbing.  I never knew rock climbing could be so . . .manly, and shall I say, um . . .sexy.  But my man looks quite nice climbing rock walls.  Is this appropriate for the blog?  ;-)

Here he is towards the top.  I took about 50 pictures of him climbing the wall, but I will spare you those. :)

This is us after riding the Super Man...it had a 200-something foot drop.  That would explain why our hair is a bit frazzled.

I feel the need to interject here.  Long ago when I was youngster, I loved roller coasters so much.  You can ask any of my friends and family.  I don't know what it was about them, but I just loved the thrill.  However, I've noticed in my older age that roller coasters freak me right out!  My stomach was in such knots before we rode the Superman ride that I thought I was gonna' lose it.  We were next in line to get on the coaster when the captain announced the ride needed some "maintenance" and that they couldn't say when it would be up and running again.  That was all the excuse I needed to high tail it outta' there!  Nathan made me stick it out, though.  I'm still a little bitter about that one.  

This is the lovely photo he snapped of me while we were waiting for the "maintenance" crew to do their thing.  I wasn't the least bit nervous.

And here's my candy-lovin' man on our way out of the park enjoying his cotton candy! :)



5 comments:

  1. sounds like you guys had a great trip! I've never been a fan of roller coasters.... so I hear you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and sweet, Rachel! Glad y'all had a good time at Six Flags :) Love the pics and love that you continue to fall in love with "your man" :) I agree with the roller coaster thing. Kyle and I went to Six Flags this year in GA, and there were a few of them I would not ride and I used to ride everything at least once. I guess there is something to be said for the ignorance, I mean innocence of youth :) Glad y'all had fun!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! It's so nice to keep up on what's happening - we feel close even though we've far away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so fun! I hope you both had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rachel, what a fun time! your hubster looks so sweet with the cotton candy.... a great way to spend a day, huh?

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel