Thursday, September 30, 2010

While I Was Out . . .

I took my camera with me to Alabama, but I regret to inform you that I didn’t take one single picture.  What kind of auntie/friend/granddaughter/cousin am I?!? :)  Even though I don’t have the pictures to prove it, I did have a nice getaway, and surprisingly didn’t cry one tear when I left Nathan behind in New York.  (Although I will admit I missed him greatly.)  I think it actually did us some good to be apart for a few days.  I got to spend some much-needed girl time with several of my friends, while he and my dad got to spend some much-needed man time bonding over this . . .




That’s right.  I came back from my 5 day vacation to a newly installed ceiling fan!  It took them over 6 hours to install, thanks to some crazy electrical wiring done by some previous owners, but they were both so proud of their work!  And I am too!  We didn’t necessarily need a ceiling fan in our living room in Upstate New York, but we desperately needed the lighting.  And, the fan is an added bonus that we can enjoy during the summer.

Because you know I’m a sucker for a Before and After, here’s what the room looked like way back when we first moved in and started getting settled . . .

D-A-R-K


And here’s what it looks like now . . .



A big huge thanks to my two favorite gentlemen for pulling this daunting task off while I was away. I wish I could say that I was as productive as they were during my vacation, but that just isn’t so.  Unless you consider eating Chick-Fil-A, Milo’s, Ribs, Yard Saling and Movie Watching productive. :)



1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun! The ceiling fan looks great. It really brightens up that room.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel