Two of the Food Network chefs recipes came for dinner, and what a time it was in my kitchen! This wasn't your typical dinner - it was breakfast for dinner. One of my favorite things. Ever. And since Nathan still has an aversion to all things breakfast (except cereal and oatmeal), I rarely get to have this treat unless he's working. Monday night was one of those nights, and I got to enjoy these delicious recipes all by myself. :)
Never have I ever thought to put cheese in pancakes, but never will I ever make them any other way after these. The ricotta gives the pancakes such a nice fluffy texture, and the honey syrup is so light and sweet on top! I dare you to make these and not like them.
Ricotta Pancakes w/ Honey Syrup -- Giada De Laurentiis
*makes about 16 pancakes
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. honey
- In a small saucepan, heat water and sugar together on medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in honey. Remove from heat, but keep warm.
- 1 2/3 c. water
- 1 1/2 vanilla extract
- 2 c. pancake mix
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 2/3 c. blueberries (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix water and vanilla together. Stir in pancake mix, until it forms a lumpy batter.
- Add in ricotta cheese. Don't violently stir it in, just stir it in enough to make the batter lumpy.
- Add in fruit if you want.
- Heat griddle to Medium, and cook away!
- Top with yummy honey syrup
I halved this recipe and it made 4 large pancakes. I ate two, and put the other two in the freezer for our upcoming camping trip. I'm just not that into Pop Tarts like hubby is. :)
As a nice side for the pancakes, I whipped up some fluffy scrambled eggs. These were really perfect eggs, as the name suggests. Not too runny, not too dry . . .just riiiiight.
The Lady's Perfect Scrambled Eggs -- Paula Deen
*makes 4 servings
- 8 eggs
- 2 heaping TBSP sour cream
- 1 TBSP water
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 grated cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, sour cream, water, salt and pepper until fluffy.
- Cook eggs over low heat in a skillet. Stir in cheese and cook until your reach desired consistency.