Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Food Network Chefs Came for Dinner

 . .  .Well, sort of.  


Two of the Food Network chefs recipes came for dinner, and what a time it was in my kitchen!  This wasn't your typical dinner - it was breakfast for dinner.  One of my favorite things.  Ever.  And since Nathan still has an aversion to all things breakfast (except cereal and oatmeal), I rarely get to have this treat unless he's working.  Monday night was one of those nights, and I got to enjoy these delicious recipes all by myself. :)


Never have I ever thought to put cheese in pancakes, but never will I ever make them any other way after these.  The ricotta gives the pancakes such a nice fluffy texture, and the honey syrup is so light and sweet on top!  I dare you to make these and not like them.


Ricotta Pancakes w/ Honey Syrup -- Giada De Laurentiis
*makes about 16 pancakes



Honey Syrup:

  • 1/3 c. water
  • 1/3 c. sugar
  • 1/3 c. honey
  1. In a small saucepan, heat water and sugar together on medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
  2. Stir in honey.  Remove from heat, but keep warm.

Pancakes:

  • 1 2/3 c. water
  • 1 1/2 vanilla extract
  • 2 c. pancake mix
  • 1 c. ricotta cheese
  • 2/3 c. blueberries (optional)
  1. In a medium bowl, mix water and vanilla together.  Stir in pancake mix, until it forms a lumpy batter.
  2. Add in ricotta cheese.  Don't violently stir it in, just stir it in enough to make the batter lumpy.
  3. Add in fruit if you want.
  4. Heat griddle to Medium, and cook away!
  5. Top with yummy honey syrup


I halved this recipe and it made 4 large pancakes.  I ate two, and put the other two in the freezer for our upcoming camping trip.  I'm just not that into Pop Tarts like hubby is. :)



As a nice side for the pancakes, I whipped up some fluffy scrambled eggs.  These were really perfect eggs, as the name suggests.  Not too runny, not too dry . . .just riiiiight.


The Lady's Perfect Scrambled Eggs -- Paula Deen
*makes 4 servings
  • 8 eggs
  • 2 heaping TBSP sour cream
  • 1 TBSP water
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 to 3/4 grated cheddar cheese
  1. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, sour cream, water, salt and pepper until fluffy.
  2. Cook eggs over low heat in a skillet.  Stir in cheese and cook until your reach desired consistency.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same egg recipe but I got it from Sopranos - Ha! : )
    And I will try the pancakes! Abby & Emma love pancakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... those pancakes look delightful!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel