Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Crockpot Chicken

On Monday nights, I need dinner to be 2 things--Quick and Easy.  And, of course, delicious.  OK, make that 3 things.


Anyway, this past Monday night I decided to go with a Crockpot recipe I found on The Sisters Cafe--Sweet and Spicy Chicken.  (By the way, if you haven't checked out their site, it's totally worth it!  They have so many mouth-watering dishes over there.)  


You all know mine and Nathan's love affair for anything Mexican flavored, so I knew this dish would be right up our ally!


Sweet and Spicy Crockpot Chicken -- The Sisters Cafe 
**On their site, they have a note that if you don't like the Chicken mixture quite as "wet," then you can drain the tomatoes a tad bit.  I didn't drain mine at all, and I found the mixture to be perfect.  Of course, this could be because my Crockpot temperature of Low is actually more like Medium, so it might have cooked the juices all out.




  • 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained (or drained if you like it a little more dry)
  • 1/3 c. brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (I would definitely suggest increasing this amount. I doubled this, and it still turned out more sweet and less spicy than I prefer.  Don't get me wrong, the taste was excellent, but next time I'll probably just dump 2 TBSP of this in . . . and maybe some hot sauce.  What can I say?  We like it HOT!
It doesn't get much easier than this . . . 
  1. Place chicken in bottom of Crockpot.
  2. In a small bowl, mix all other ingredients together.
  3. Pour over chicken.
  4. Let cook 8-9 hours on Low, or 4-6 hours on High.
  5. Serve in a warm tortilla with all your favorite fixins!






1 comment:

  1. Delish! Another one we've done for chicken burritos is this: boneless, skinless chicken, 2-4 pieces, a jar of salsa (your choice) size will vary on amt. of chicken, and a packet of taco seasoning. Cook for the same amount as you did this recipe, and voila!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel