If you like Mexican cuisine, you'll love these!
Creamy Chicken Taquitos -- Let's Dish
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 c. green salsa (we used Ortega)
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder, or onion flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 c. shredded cooked chicken (about 2 medium-sized chicken breasts)
- 1 c. shredded pepperjack cheese
- tortillas (we used the large ones, and made Super Sized Taquitos, but you could use the 6-inch ones too--then you could eat more! :)
- The recipe also calls for 3 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped and 1-2 green onions chopped. We were out of cilantro and hubby hates green onions, so I left these out and it still turned out delicious.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, heat cream cheese for 30 seconds in the microwave so it gets soft.
- Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion and garlic to the bowl. Stir to combine and then add cilantro and green onions (if you're using them).
- Add the chicken and shredded cheese. Combine well.
- Place mixture on the lower third of the tortilla and roll up tightly. Place seam side down on lightly greased baking dish.
- Spray rolled taquitos with non-stick spray so they will brown. Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Serve with a side of sour cream, green salsa, and rice and watch your husband devour them!