Monday, August 23, 2010

August 22 Menu Plan


For the past couple of weeks, our menu plan hasn't really gone as planned, but for the most part we've done pretty good sticking to it.  I had a few comments back when I posted our menu plan that consisted of the Crock Pot Southwest Chicken and the Creamy Chicken Taquitos.  I regret that we never got around to making those dishes that week.  But, we did make the creamy chicken taquitos yesterday for Sunday lunch and they were delicious.  I'll post the recipe and photos later this week, but I did want to give the head's up that the dish is a must-try!


Here's what we're cooking up in the kitchen this week . . . 


Monday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Tuesday: Sweet and Sour Chicken and Rice (Southern Living--new recipe)
Wednesday: Leftover Night
Thursday: Out to the Cheesecake Factory for my Dad's birthday dinner!
Friday: Camping!
Saturday: Camping!


If you need more menu plan ideas, don't forget to head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday--tons of great menus are posted each week!





3 comments:

  1. We made the creamy chicken taquitos last week too. They were incredible! I need to post more foodie things on my blog, but always forget to take pictures of the food....and what's a food blog without pictures? ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Enjoy going out to dinner for a change -- too! Have you tried their avocado egg rolls? I have a "copy cat" recipe that a friend made for me once (I can't have their because of the nuts), and they were amazing! Enjoy your dinner there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anna--so glad to hear you liked them! We enjoyed them too :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel