Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Recap

Our weekend was pretty eventful.  Friday night we just hung around the house and caught up from our vacation.  Saturday, we had my parents over for dinner, dessert and games.  And then we topped it all off with me ending up in Urgent Care on Sunday morning with a corneal laceration to my left eye.  I regret I don't have a cool story to tell that leads up to the corneal incident.  I simply poked myself in the eye with my fingernail.  Genius, I know.

Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done for a corneal laceration.  The eye has to heal itself.  Aside from the occasional pain, the injury is mostly just uncomfortable.  But, the good news is . . . the eye is supposed to heal itself rather quickly, so I should be A-OK come Wednesday.  

I can't even put into words how great Nathan has been these past few days with me not quite feeling 100%.  He made lunch for us yesterday--the best tacos I've ever eaten.  And tonight he suggested we order pizza.  Pizza never sounded so good.  He's even been brave enough to give me my eye drop medicine 3 times a day.  I say brave because I can be a bit of a baby when it comes to things being dropped or placed in my eye.

Hopefully I'll be feeling more like myself tomorrow and I can get back in the kitchen again.  I decided not to do a menu plan for this week because it's a crazy one!  Nathan and I have a church event on Wednesday night and then Thursday I'm out with a friend while he's at work.  The rest of the time we'll probably just eat our leftovers that are hogging precious real estate in our fridge. 

I hope everyone had a blessed weekend!  Your prayers for a speedy eye recovery would be much appreciated.


5 comments:

  1. Girl! I am so sorry - it sounds painful! You take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my friend! I hope that your eye heals soon -- we're sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing! I am glad to know that Nathan is taking such good care of ya! Praying for a speedy recovery!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! That's crazy about your eye! Praying that it heals up soon.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel