Friday, July 2, 2010

A Week in Photos

Well . . . it was an interesting week at our 2010 VBS, and a most fun visit with my family.  I haven't updated the blog much this week because the stomach bug decided to pay about 50% of our VBS attendees a visit Monday and Tuesday, so we've been a little out of commission.  Thank the Lord that the bug didn't get me, but it bit Nathan pretty hard and my niece and 1 nephew . . . and several of the kids from my brother's church, and lots of kiddos from our VBS.  


Several of us concluded that this was just another sneaky scheme by the enemy.  This has been our best and most attended VBS to date, and we know the enemy hates this.  Even after a large group of kids got sick on Monday night, there were still about 50 in attendance on Tuesday night (Praise the Lord for His healing!).  In fact, we've averaged 50 every single night in our VBS this year!  Amazing.  Lots of new kids have attended too, and six children asked Jesus into their hearts, which is even more exciting!


Here are a few pictures of what we've been up to this week . . . 

The group from my brother's church at Niagara Falls

My brother and his wife, Serena

My dad and the youngest nephew

Me and the oldest nephew

One of the days, me and my mom took the nephews and niece to the Strong Museum of Play

They saw Superman . . . 

And Mr. Potato Head . . . 

And rode the carousel  . . .



Here's one of the pictures from our VBS

Me and my bubba :)

Uncle Nathan playing basketball with our niece

And I finally caught some smiles from my littlest nephew . . .


We hated to see the family leave today, but lots of fun memories were made and a lot of quality time was spent.  I can't think of any better way to spend my week (even if it did include lots and lots of Lysol and hand sanitizer).



3 comments:

  1. oh no -- I'm sorry everyone was sick :( Not fun at all.

    But, I'm glad you still enjoyed yourselves!! Looks like a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hated that all got sick!!! Great pictures -what cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun time, I wouldn't have wanted to see them leave either!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel