Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Shrimp & Garlic Pasta

Nathan isn't a seafood eater, and I'm slightly addicted to shrimp.  Therefore, we balance this issue out by buying frozen shrimp at the store and I cook it for myself frequently when he is at work during dinner.  When I first started cooking shrimp at home, I just threw together this quick and super-easy pasta dish with a few ingredients I had on hand.  Now I make it at least once a week.  In fact, it's slowly becoming something I crave . . . which could start becoming a problem since it's carbohydrate based and all.  


This is really so easy, and it's an especially light pasta dish since the "sauce" is really just garlic and olive oil.  I highly recommend trying it next time you're in the mood for shrimp and pasta.


Garlic Shrimp & Pasta --  Rachel Atwood
*This recipe will make a pasta dish for 1, so feel free to adjust it as you need to.

Here's what you'll need . . .

  • 1 heaping tsp minced garlic (if you love or don't love garlic, feel free to reduce or add to this amount)
  • 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
  • Pasta (about 4 ounces)--I used Rigatoni this time, but I especially enjoy this with rotini or bowtie
  • Shrimp (as many as you like--I usually dump in about 1/2 of the bag, but again--I'm slightly obsessed with shrimp)
  • Grated Parmesan cheese  




First things first . . . add some olive oil to a skillet and let it get hot.  Then, add garlic and let it sweat. (Meanwhile, cook your pasta in a separate pan)

Add your shrimp to the garlic and oil and cook until shrimp are done.

Meanwhile, sprinkle some Parmesan into the bottom of your bowl.  I don't know why you do this, but it just gets metly when you put the hot pasta on top, and everyone knows melty cheese is d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s.

When pasta is done, drain and add to your bowl with Parmesan cheese.  
Top with shrimp and all that juicy olive and garlic goodness! 
Stir to get that melty cheese on the bottom all mixed in.
(And top with some extra Parmesan if you're a cheese lover)

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. YUMMY! Your easy shrimp scampi looks wonderful. I can just imagine the taste of the garlic and shrimp together~ such a wonderful combination.
    Great idea using a hardier pasta than linguini. I love bow ties too!
    Say hi to Nathan!
    xo Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel