So, I set off in search of the perfect Sloppy Joe recipe to make for me and the hubs this week. That's when I found Rachael Ray's Super Sloppy Joe recipe. I planned to have them last night because I needed an easy dinner before Bible Study. These puppies took about 15 minutes to whip up and were the best Sloppy Joe's I have ever eaten. Ever. I am not kidding. Buh-bye, Manwich!
Try these next time you need dinner in a flash, and your family won't be disappointed.
Super Sloppy Joe's -- Rachael Ray
- olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 TBSP steak seasoning blend (we used McCormick brand Montreal Seasoning)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (optional--we left this out because the Mr. doesn't eat peppers)
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 c. tomato sauce
- 2 TBSP tomato paste
- Kaiser rolls (you gotta' get the big ones--these things are sloppy)
- Garnish with cheese, pickles, or whatever else you like with your Sloppy Joe
- Heat a skillet with olive oil, and add meat. Break meat into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and steak seasoning. Add this to the meat, and cook on medium heat until browned.
- Once meat is brown, add in onion, vinegar, red pepper (if applicable) and Worcestershire. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and paste to skillet. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 5 additional minutes.
- Spoon mixture onto toasted Kaiser rolls. Garnish. Enjoy!