Monday, July 5, 2010

Marital Monday + July 5 Menu Plan


I haven't posted a Marital Monday in quite some time.  Not because hubby and I haven't had any memorable or funny conversations . . . we're never short on those, but mostly because my memory fails me and I can't for the life of me remember some of them.


This one just so happened yesterday, so I thought I'd share.  I should entitle this, "You know you have a frugal husband when . . . "


You know you have a frugal husband when he wakes up, comes into the bathroom while you're getting ready and tells you about the following dream he had the night before:


"Honey.  I had the worst dream last night.  We were both at the store shopping, and you ran off to buy some makeup.  You came back up to the counter with 6 tubes of makeup and they were about $5/each and you only had ONE coupon for $1.50 off!!  It was like a coupon nightmare!!"


I couldn't contain my laughter.  Some men have dreams of guns and war, my man has dreams of paying full price for an item.


****

This week's menu plan is going to look awfully familiar.  That's because most of the items are from last week's  menu that I never got to cook because of the  nasty stomach bug visitor we had.  Here's hoping we actually get to make these delicious-sounding recipes this week!

And don't forget!  If you need menu plan ideas, head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday -- tons of menu ideas are posted each week!

Monday: Hamburgers from the grill w/ fruit
Tuesday: Chicken Fajitas
Thursday: Grilled chicken w/ pasta salad
Friday: Shrimp & Garlic Pasta (I'll post this recipe later in the week--it's one of my favorites to enjoy when hubby is working!)
Saturday: Leftovers

Blessings for you this Monday!  I hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Nathan was sick! I bet a little homecooking will help : ) Great menu

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good one... We always say in our family that Nathan will have the most money as he is the most frugal. It will pay off, I'm sure HA

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel