Thursday, July 29, 2010

Eye Thank You and Ramblings

Thank you to everyone who left me a sweet comment on Monday about my eye.  It is healing wonderfully.  I’m not having any blurriness, and my sensitivity to brightness is gone.  God is good!  And, I’ve realized, our eyes are amazing little things (more credit to God!).  The laceration was a pretty nasty ordeal, but five days later and the eye is totally back to normal. 

Throughout the past 6 weeks, God has shown me so much that I wish I could share with you.  I’ve been overwhelmed by Him, and am having a hard time putting it all into words. Do you ever experience that?  Anyway, maybe one of these days I’ll write a post about it and share with you the things He’s been showing me.

In other news, we have done quite well putting a dent in our leftovers this week.  A week off from cooking has actually been nice, and I’m excited to start pulling our menu plan together for next week.  Anyone trying any good summertime recipes?  I saw some especially yummy-looking ones in my newest Southern Living magazine.  Read: Lemon Icebox Pie. 

Speaking of pie . . . I’m putting a call out to someone who can share with me a recipe for Banana Cream Pie.  I’ve been craving it, and I’m sad to say I’ve never made one.  Nothing says summertime to me like Banana Cream Pie.  Or Lemon Icebox Pie.  Or Strawberry Pie.  OK,  I’ll stop. :)

Since we’re on the topic of food, I’ll share with you a super-easy recipe I made last week that turned out quite well.  This comes from my Betty Crocker Cookbook (there’s a story behind this cookbook, but I’ll tell it some other time when I’m feeling especially transparent).

I’m assuming this recipe would be highly kid and husband-friendly.  It’s ingredients are simple: Chicken, Cheese and BBQ sauce.  I served this up with some Lemon Pepper Broccoli and Mashed Potatoes, and I had one happy man afterwards!

Barbecue Crispy Chicken Melts – taken from Better Crocker’s Ultimate Bisquick Cookbook
*I made it for 2, but the recipe below will serve 4


  • 3 TBSP butter (the recipe says 3 TBSP, but you could get away with less or none and just use cooking spray)
  • 1/2 c. Original Bisquick or Jiffy Mix
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 c. milk (we used 2%)
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 c. BBQ sauce
  • Shredded Cheddar
  1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.  In a 13x9-inch pan, heat butter in oven 2 to 3 minutes or until melted
  2. In a shallow dish, stir Bisquick mix and pepper.  Pour milk into a small bowl.  Coat chicken with Bisquick mixture, then dip in milk; coat again with Bisquick mixture.  Place in pan.
  3. Bake about 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.
  4. In small microwavable bowl, microwave BBQ sauce for about 30 seconds, or until warm.  Spoon sauce evenly over chicken; top with cheese.

2 comments:

  1. So glad your eye is healing. No help on the Banana Creme Pie - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful blog! Love the pics in your header -- so sweeeet! :) Looking forward to reading more of your posts (and hopefully more recipes!)

    so nice to 'meet' you today!
    Melanie
    ~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel