Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Recap & June 28 Menu Plan

This weekend we experienced a lot of excitement around the Atwood home . . . 


My car hit 150,000 miles!  Of course, I didn't notice it until 100 miles later, but I was still so happy that I had to take a picture!  I've had this car since I was 16, and couldn't be prouder of the little thing for still kicking away . . . gotta' love a paid-off car!


We held our first-ever yard sale!  It's amazing how much junk wonderful stuff you can accumulate after only 1 year of marriage.  It wasn't a very big yard sale, and we only managed to make $12.00, but we got rid of quite a bit of stuff after the yard sale at our local Goodwill. 


And . . .the BEST most possible thing about our exciting weekend was . . .

My brother and his family are up all the way from Alabama!  

This is him and my dad after he drove 16 hours

Did I mention my 2 cutie patootie nephews and darling niece came with them?  

 My mom with my niece
 
 
 Uncle Nathan entertaining the kids
 
My brother Steven is a pastor down in Alabama and he actually brought a big group from his church up to host our VBS.  We're happy they're here hosting VBS, but I'm even more happy to hear these cute little ones call me "Goo" and get as many smooches as I want. 

I'm taking off work a few days this week to spend some extra time with them, so be prepared to see about a billion photos of our time together.  I'm just giving you the heads up.  

Here are a few photos from our VBS Kick-Off day



 
 
 I love this one . . . my youngest nephew and my sister-in-law.
He makes the cutest little faces!
 
*****
 
 
This week's menu plan was relatively easy to pull together.  We have VBS every night until Thursday, and my brother and his family are in town, so I'm doing as little cooking as humanly possible.  Not to mention, it's been an unusually hot summer in Upstate New York and things like fruit, pasta salads and smoothies are calling my name!



Monday: Make-Ahead Chicken Salad w/ Fruit Salad 
Tuesday: Pasta Salad w/ Chicken
Wednesday: Tuna Sandwiches w/ Fruit Salad 
Thursday: Burgers from the grill w/ Summertime Smoothies
Friday: Taco Salad 
Saturday: TBD

Don't forget to head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for more great menu planning ideas!


4 comments:

  1. We love cars that last a LOOOONNNNGG time! Love the pictures of your family - enjoy every minute! Forget cooking this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you with the heat! enjoy the pasta salad and the time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for your car! I'm glad you took a picture! I'm a dork and I'm always taking a picture of the big mileage on my car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your visit with the fam! I know you are sooo excited to see the kids! I love being an Aunt ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel