Wednesday, June 23, 2010

(An Overdue) Weekend Recap

I didn’t have time on Monday to give a weekend recap, so I thought I’d do one today—even though it’s almost the weekend again. :)

Friday night, Nathan and I had all intentions of grilling out these yummy Hawaiian Turkey Burgers I found from Our Best Bites.  It sort of fell through when the burgers got super stuck to the grill and fell apart.  So, we ordered a pizza and then headed to the batting cages.  I watched Nathan hit a few balls and then we called it a night.

Saturday, Nathan spent the morning golfing with the guys and I went strawberry picking with the girls.   My parents have some guests in their home, and we’ve been having so much fun entertaining them and their kids!

Saturday afternoon, Nathan and I headed up to Ontario Beach Park.  I still cannot get over how big Ontario Lake is.  If I ever have a hankering for the ocean, I can just drive 20 minutes up to Ontario Lake—it’s that big!  We walked in Durand Eastman Park and brought our towels for the beach -- Nathan spent the afternoon dozing while I finished up a great book I’ve been reading (Catherine Palmer’s Love’s Haven).  Here are a few pictures from our trip . . .
 Walking on the trail




Such a lovely little trail!

There were so many ferns!  I just think they are so organic looking and beautiful.


Then we hit the beach!  This is the super-long pier that ran alongside where we were sitting.











Lots of people sailing . . .




Sunday, Nathan had to go into work in the afternoon, so me and my mom and dad spent the day together.  We took my dad to a Rose Festival in Rochester and then he graciously stopped by Starbucks for us gals. :)  He’s the best dad!  The Rose Festival was so much fun and very relaxing—I wish I would’ve had my camera.  There was a rose there called “Peppermint Twist” and even though I didn't get to take a picture of it, I did find one online . . .
 (source)

Isn’t that amazing?!?!  We probably saw and smelled over 100 different varieties of roses on Sunday, and my dad (the green thumb) was loving it! Happy (belated) Father’s Day, to the best dad!




I hope you had a great weekend and a wonderful time celebrating Father's Day!

4 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! Abby & Emma would pick up every shell in the sand. They love shells. What a beautiful lake! And beautiful roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, were your ears burning? I went to lunch yesterday with two of my girlfriends and they started talking about my blog. They both found your blog through me and we spent a lovely time chatting about how adorable you and Nathan are. They were very curious why you call me Auntie Yvonne. I told them I actually dubbed myself that, because I feel like a proud Aunt. They said the sweetest things about your blog and both of you. Again, proud Aunt!!!!
    xo
    Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures - thanks so much for keeping us in the loop and sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were just at Ontario Beach Park the prior weekend! We took photos for my friend's wedding on the beach :) Looks like you guys had a lovely time!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel