Stuffed Pizza Rolls –taken from Our Best Bites
**We stuffed our pizza rolls with pineapple and cheese, but you can stuff them with whatever you like. They’re totally versatile!
- 1 roll of refrigerated pizza dough (I used Pillsbury, but feel free to make your own!)
- 1 small jar of your favorite pizza or marinara sauce
- 2 TBSP grated Parmesan
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Your favorite pizza “stuffings”—we used diced mozzarella and pineapple. I’d love to try these with mushrooms and peppers, too!
- Pre-heat your oven according to pizza dough directions (mine was 400 degrees).
- Roll out your pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a pizza cutter, slice dough into 24 squares.
- Place “stuffings” on squares (do not put marinara or pizza sauce on the dough—the sauce will be used for dipping)
- Once you have your stuffings on the dough, carefully wrap the dough around the toppings. Place them seam-side down in a pie dish or other deep dish. Baste the tops of the rolls with olive oil, then sprinkle your Parmesan, Garlic and Italian Seasoning on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Dip those puppies in sauce and then down a few of them while they’re nice and hot—they’re little any way, so you can eat like 6 . . . or 8, whichever you prefer.
I also tried out this one from a new blog I found, which was another hit so I thought I'd share . . .
Teriyaki Fried Rice -- The Sisters Cafe
- 2 c. uncooked rice
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 1-2 c. sugar snap peas (*I bought a sugar snap pea stir fry mix that had lots of other veggies in it, and it was delicious in this dish as well!)
- 1 large chicken breast, finely sliced (or 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
- Cook rice.
- In a wok or large skillet, add 1 TBSP of olive oil and cook chicken until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add other TBSP of olive oil to skillet and cook carrots and onions until tender (about 5 mins).
- Stir in peas, rice and chicken.
- Pour in teriyaki sauce. Heat through.