Tuesday, June 22, 2010

House Cleaning Organization

 (source)

Whenever I find an easier/more organized way to do something, I get so stinkin' excited.  I'm not a planner by nature, but my sweet hubby is, and he recently suggested a more organized way of doing our house cleaning.  I don't know why I didn't think of this before, because ever since we've implemented it, my life has been so much better!


Before our new handy dandy system, I pushed all my cleaning off until Saturday morning.  Sometimes Nathan works on Saturdays, so I ended up spending the majority of my day cleaning the house.  I did everything from all the laundry, sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc.  It totally wiped me out, but I just didn't see any other alternative.


That is, until hubby suggested we make a Weekly Cleaning Chart.  It's nothing fancy, and we just typed it up in Word and hung it on our bulletin board, but it's been such a help!  Basically, we've decided to break all the cleaning up throughout the week so that when Saturday rolls around I don't have entire week's worth of cleaning to do in 1 day.  We partner up on these tasks and it usually ends up being about a 1/2 hour worth of cleaning per night--much better than spending my whole Saturday cleaning! :)


Ours looks like this:

Sunday: Off (Lord's Day)
Monday: Off (I go to Bible Study on Monday's, so this night is free)
Tuesday: Ironing
Wednesday: Dust/wipe down surfaces
Thursday: Clean Bathroom
Friday: Start Laundry
Saturday: Sweep & Mop, Finish Laundry

So what about you and your household?  How do you stay organized?  Do you divvy up the tasks during the week or do you do it all in one shot?  I'd love to hear!  








1 comment:

  1. What a great system! My plan is to wait until I'm having company, then dash around like a crazy woman.HA

    Seriously, partnering on this is good. And a little at a time seems do-able, rather than saving it all for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel