Since we gathered some romaine this week, I chopped up a fresh salad and added a nice summer twist to it. I discovered this pairing (strawberries + salad + lemon poppyseed dressing) from Panera Bread a few summers ago, and it tasted so fresh I just knew I could whip it together at home. I tried, and it was a success!
Strawberry Salad w/ Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette -- Rachel Atwood (Inspired by Panera Bread)
*I just made 1 little side salad because the hubs isn't into the whole fruit + salad + lemon poppyseed dressing thing. If you need this to make extra, just simply increase the ingredients.
- 1 Lemon, Squeezed
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- some poppyseeds (I know "some" isn't exactly a number, but just throw as many as you like in . . . seriously, you cannot mess this up)
- Whisk together. Set aside.
- Almond slivers (if you like almonds--if not, leave 'em out)
- Feta (as much as you like)
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Any other ingredients you might like in your salad
- Toss together, then add dressing. Toss to coat. Enjoy!