Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fresh Summer Salad

I shared yesterday that Nathan and I had our first harvest in our veggie garden!  We thought for a short while that our lettuce was a goner, but then it bounced right back.  It just goes to show that gardening takes patience (something we both lack) and optimism.


Since we gathered some romaine this week, I chopped up a fresh salad and added a nice summer twist to it.  I discovered this pairing (strawberries + salad + lemon poppyseed dressing) from Panera Bread a few summers ago, and it tasted so fresh I just knew I could whip it together at home.  I tried, and it was a success!


Strawberry Salad w/ Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette -- Rachel Atwood (Inspired by Panera Bread)





*I just made 1 little side salad because the hubs isn't into the whole fruit + salad + lemon poppyseed dressing thing.  If you need this to make extra, just simply increase the ingredients.


Dressing:

  • 1 Lemon, Squeezed
  • 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • some poppyseeds (I know "some" isn't exactly a number, but just throw as many as you like in . . . seriously, you cannot mess this up)

  1. Whisk together.  Set aside.
Salad:

  • Lettuce
  • Almond slivers (if you like almonds--if not, leave 'em out)
  • Feta (as much as you like)
  • Fresh strawberries, sliced
  • Any other ingredients you might like in your salad

  1. Toss together, then add dressing.  Toss to coat.  Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Racel, This is a wonderful salad! It tastes like summer. Come and visit- I am having my first giveaway!
    Love, Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I love this salad idea. I was just racking my brain for dinner ideas. Off to the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! I went to an etiquette dinner at Fisher our senior year and they served the same salad, and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel