Thursday, June 24, 2010

Food for Thought

I had all intentions of posting some yummy new recipes we've been trying around here, but I didn't get around to it last night.  Then this morning I read an awesome post over at Lysa TerKeurst's blog about The Thankful Journal and I knew I had to share that instead.  I do hope you'll have a couple of minutes to go over and read her post.  I pray it speaks to you like it so deeply spoke to me.  Some of the things that I found truly insightful were that:
  • Satan's name means "one who casts something between two to cause a separation."  A nice reminder that "Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Eph 6:12, NIV)
  • "The grass is always greener where you water and fertilize it."  Another nice reminder to stop comparing/thinking things "would/could be better if only. . ." 
Let's not allow Satan to separate us from God, or any other person in our life through his tricky mind-game of "the grass is greener."  Let's be thankful to God today for what we have, and what He's taken away. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link and the reminder. Why do we have to be reminded over and over?! So many things are better when I focus on the good and not the bad. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum going to have to save these and try them soon

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel