Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Recap + May 3 Menu Plan

Just a little side-note:  The lock-in went off without a hitch!  I'll be posting pictures and doing a recap some other time this week--still haven't quite caught up on sleep, cleaning and such.


This weekend was mostly spent at the lock-in but on Saturday morning, Nathan and I got a burst of energy and decided to hit up about 8 yard sales after we dropped all the kiddos off.  Crazy, I know.


We got some great deals, and then headed home.  And crashed.  After we crashed, we woke up and watched "Sherlock Holmes."  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it!  No cursing, and a true clean thriller/detective movie.  We loved it!  


Later that night, since we had gotten a long afternoon nap, we got yet another burst of energy and decided to do a late-night grocery run.  I just love that about married life--being able to go to the grocery store at 10:30 at night and not having to worry about "what time we have to be home."  It's so fun!


Speaking of groceries, I'm super excited about this week's menu plan . . . 



But first, I have a confession: I have a slight addiction to several food blogs.  Furthermore, if a food blog has wonderful photos to accompany a delicious-sounding recipe, then I’m even more addicted.  I’m a visual person, you see.  And I love to eat.  And I love hearing about new recipes.  So if you happen to be a food blog author with beautiful pictures of food, then I’m probably your #1 fan. 

However, I feel my addiction has been a huge disservice to myself.  I drool over the photos and recipes but I’ve yet to make many of them.  I’m tempting my tummy and my eyes with your divine recipes, but I never follow through and actually make them.  And frankly, my tummy is sick of it. This week, my tummy said to my head, “Get to cooking!  You’re torturing me down here!”  We can’t have that.  No ma’am. 

Our menu plan this week features some new recipes that I’ve been drooling over for quite some time.  I can’t tell you how excited my tummy is about this.  It’s also a nice break from scouring through my plethora of cookbooks here at home, and it gets me out of the recipe rut I’ve found myself in lately.  So, here’s to beautiful food!

Wednesday: Leftover Night
Saturday: Dinner will probably be something light, because I’m making up something sweet (drool alert): Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles

I just realized, that's 5 new recipes in 1 week!  Sheesh.  Ambitious much?

If you need great menu plan ideas, don't forget to head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday!  Tons of great menu plans are posted each week.

Blessings for this Monday!



3 comments:

  1. I am glad the lock-in was a success and the menu for the week looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your menu looks good! yea for tackling so many new recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking a note from my smart cousin and doing the menu planning route. I have planned out menu out for the week and going grocery shopping according. I hope to save money this way! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel