Monday, May 17, 2010

Marital Monday + May 17 Menu Plan

We're back from our mini vacation, and we had a blast!!  I'll be posting a recap and pictures later this week--we're still unpacking and settling in.


Last week, Hubby and I were watching The Good Wife.  It's become one of our favorite shows.  We don't have many of those, but we do enjoy this one.  The only gripe I have about the show is that it comes on so stinking late for us Eastern Timers.  10 PM, which means that I'm not in bed until after 11.  Nevertheless, it's a good one, so we stay up extra late on Tuesdays to watch it.

On this particular Tuesday night, we were enjoying The Good Wife when all of the sudden it broke to a commercial.  A Snuggle commercial, nonetheless.  You know Snuggle, right?  The cute little bear that hugs the towels close to his sweet cheek?  I will never look at him the same again.

During the commercial, Hubby makes an insightful comment.  One I've never thought of before.

"That little bear is freaky.  Can you imagine walking into your laundry room to find that mechanical bear just sitting there talking?  And having it with kids in the house?  That's just weird." 
I had to laugh, but deep down inside, I was a little freaked out myself.  I mean just look at him . . .  and those eyes . . . 

Anyway.  This stuff is too expensive for our tastes, so I don't think I'll have to worry about it moving forward.  But what do you think?  Is Snuggle the Laundry Bear scary or sweet?  I'd love to hear your take on this!
 
 
This week we're taking it easy in the kitchen--nothing too fancy or crazy.
 
Monday: On Your Own
Thursday: Salmon & Veggie Bake w/ Rice (*new*)
Saturday: Leftovers
 
I hope you have a blessed Monday!
 
Don't forget to head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday--tons of great menu ideas are posted each and every Monday! 

3 comments:

  1. yea for three cheese ziti -- that is one of our all-time favorite recipes.

    I always loved the snuggle bear -- thought he was cute, never thought of him as scary ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like those sliders! We really loved them. In fact...I want them again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny about snuggle the bear. Have you seen the movie Artificial Intelligence? It has a mechanical bear toy and it is so freaky!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel