Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gratituesday

I'm playing along with the folks over at Heavenly Homemakers for what they call Gratituesday.  To check out what others are thankful for today, or to add your own, click here.


This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Beautiful, sunny, warm hot weather!  It's been in the upper 80's since Friday, and I am loving it!
  • My mom and dad coming over to help us finish up our landscaping.  
  • My grandparents being in town all the way from Alabama.
  • An affectionate husband.  I'm a touchy-feely person, so I am so thankful Nathan is an affectionate man. :) 
  • The newest NeedToBreathe CD.  Nathan surprised me with it last week, and I am really enjoying some new music!
  • Strawberry season!  The strawberries here are huge right now, and super delicious.
  • My Bible Study group on Monday nights.  This past week was especially insightful, and I'm trying to learn how to stop planning ahead so much so that I can enjoy the "here and now" more.
  • Summer!  I am so happy summer is finally here.  It's going to be a great summer with lots of family visits.  I can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Love the list :) You should make Nathan a Strawberry Pizza with some of those delicious strawberries!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm trying to learn how to stop planning ahead so much so that I can enjoy the "here and now" more."

    This is good! I spent the early years of marriage trying to have such a strict routine and plan for EVERYTHING that I missed so many great opportunities to just experience life as it came at me! I think, for me, it was just a major issue with control---I felt like if I controlled the situation then I could control the outcome. Nope...not true! :) My husband loves to be spontaneous so I've been trying to focus more on spontaneity and less on control! :)

    Have a great Tuesday and enjoy your summer! We're in Northern Washington and are enjoying rain, rain and more rain! :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list also - having a thankful heart is one of the best qualities to have!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel